Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This saga begins about 2 years or so when I first set my eyes on Nick's (zimbloth's) thread where he had 2 1077xls. I just peed myself as those guitars were just freaking beautiful and very very classy.

Unfortunately at that time I didn't have the money required to purchase one of them so they both went to their new owners.

Donnie had one for sale a while back which I attempted to secure but then I decided to try an S7320 for the mahogany. That S7 is now gone only because of this current guitar and that I despise Wizard II neck profiles.

There were 2 1077XLs on ebay last week or so and both were well within my price range if I planned my finances around for the month. Unfortunately they both went before I could pull the trigger.

Anyways I finally have managed to capture my unicorn in the form of a 2077XL. Now everyone knows that these only differ from the 1077XL in terms of the lo-pro and the top mounted nut. I've wanted this guitar for a long long time that I couldn't care.

Received the guitar yesterday but it was a very horrible rainy and cold day so outdoor photos were out of the question. It arrived with the strings detuned and in an XL Ibanez case.

The strings on there are currently I believe EB 11-58 which on a baritone is like freaking bridge cabling. I can't bend anything nor do I want to try. I have already ordered some 8-38+52 strings for this bad boy. I :wub: light strings.

Another thing I noticed when I first picked it up - this guitar is effing heavy. Like this guitar is surprisingly heavy.

Another surprise is the stock pups - wow they are pretty damn good for stockies. They will be going though in the near future. I'm sure its the XL scale but damn.

I am also now a member of the don't care what tone-wood club. This guitar is basswood but it sounds really great. The XL scale helps out the basswood in the tightness and low end of the guitar.

Anyways this is the 1st out of many picstory/picture threads I will have during the course of this year as I plan the modifications etc to the guitar.

Now on to the pics.

Thanks for reading. The next parts will deal with the mods I do to it.

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
:metal:

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
So how long are you going to hold on to this one? :D

Congrats, love those. Beautiful guitars. :yesway:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Nice, and it looks mighty minty too :yesway:

No idea if you've got plans for pickups yet, but I had an RG7421XL with retrofitted Blazes in. That was pretty much a spot on match for that guitar and the XL scale adds some bite to overcome the sight "flubbiness" of the Blaze.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
The strings on there are currently I believe EB 11-58 which on a baritone is like freaking bridge cabling. I can't bend anything nor do I want to try. I have already ordered some 8-38+52 strings for this bad boy. I :wub: light strings.
Pansy! :fawk:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Congrats! Awesome guitar

<- has one too. :)

I use 10-60s on mine tuned a step down right now. Earlier I had the same strings tuned to standard and it felt great too.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice, and it looks mighty minty too :yesway:

No idea if you've got plans for pickups yet, but I had an RG7421XL with retrofitted Blazes in. That was pretty much a spot on match for that guitar and the XL scale adds some bite to overcome the sight "flubbiness" of the Blaze.
Hmm - sounds like a cool plan. I mean the XL scale gives even the stock new7 some tightness.
Pansy! :fawk:
:lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts