Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
For um LVP
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this RGIB6 last night at Guitar Center, slightly used but in very good condition. Scale length is 28" I believe. EMG pickups, 81 in the bridge but I'm not sure about the neck. This is my first baritone so I'm thinking there might be a little bit of a learning curve compared to a standard scale length. Been watching some YouTube videos to see what others are doing with baritones. If any of you guys have a baritone, I would like to hear what string gauge and tuning you use.

Attachments

·
Tune It Lower
1,114 Posts
You know what they say about guys with huge hands... ha ha.

I'm mostly just used to it. Played sevens for ten years, eights for like nine, had/have seven string basses. The big adjustment is you develop a style where you crane your wrist to get your "default" hand positioning that rests far enough across the board. Also, don’t play anything else and you don't know any different, LOL.

·
For um LVP
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know what they say about guys with huge hands... ha ha.

I'm mostly just used to it. Played sevens for ten years, eights for like nine, had/have seven string basses. The big adjustment is you develop a style where you crane your wrist to get your "default" hand positioning that rests far enough across the board. Also, don't play anything else and you don't know any different, LOL.
Thanks, over the next couple weeks I plan to just work with this guitar and try to get used to it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.