Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I ordered myself 3 six-stringers with the goal of keeping just one. As I already have my Charvel model 7, wich I love, I don't have the need for more than two 6-strings... And i'm trying hard to find the same "magic" there is with my Charvel (I've tried many old school Charvels but i'd like something different and I have pretty specifics demands...)

This BC Rich ASM is the first one that got here...

All I can say for now is :

- This is a lot of guitar for the money IMO. OFR is a big win in my book, finish is really nice and flawless. So is the fretwork and all that jazz.

- It is heavy.

- Satin finished neck is awesome, altough I prefer my neck profiles to be a bit slimmer. BUT the neck beeing necktrough confirms something I always knew : I really prefers bolt-on. Yes I do.

- Pickups are OK, but I could use higher outputs / tighter-clearer ones. WAY better than what would come as stock pickups on a 1k$ Ibanez though.

Some phone pics (and more to come once the other contenders get home) :

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
Very nice man I love the look of those (sans silly knobs), I'm contemplating getting a BC Rich of some kind myself at the moment. The Assassin models are particularly catching my eye (I'm a whore for super strats :lol: ).

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^

Woah, looks good! :yum:

Very nice man I love the look of those (sans silly knobs), I'm contemplating getting a BC Rich of some kind myself at the moment. The Assassin models are particularly catching my eye (I'm a whore for super strats :lol: ).
If I keep it, knobs are definitely going. :lol:
As I said, for the price, it really is a solid and great looking guitar. For a superstrat under 900$, I definitely recommend it.

*for an RG :-D
What are you talking about? :lol:

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
BC Rich have certainly been my favorite manufacturer of this year, in terms of mid priced guitars at least, what they offer for the price really kicks the arse of a lot of other brands.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)darren:phone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Those neon Gunslingers are very C. C. DeVille. The Zoltan is pretty hot (with normal knobs).

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^

:lol: :wub:

2 out of 3 guitars i'm getting have reverse headstocks. I did, however, fell in love with an abnormal-headstock guitar (aka "non-reverse") ... I don't know about that... We'll see. :D

Yep! An obnoxious guitar for an equally obnoxious player!
For sure. :lol:

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
Sometimes I hate this place. :lol:

I was one click away from buying one of these. Fortunately, I "accidentally" closed the window instead of clicking the button to order. Now, I must go sulk.

Excellent guitar, man! I can't wait to read the review. :agreed:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts