Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I ordered myself 3 six-stringers with the goal of keeping just one. As I already have my Charvel model 7, wich I love, I don't have the need for more than two 6-strings... And i'm trying hard to find the same "magic" there is with my Charvel (I've tried many old school Charvels but i'd like something different and I have pretty specifics demands...)

This BC Rich ASM is the first one that got here...

All I can say for now is :

- This is a lot of guitar for the money IMO. OFR is a big win in my book, finish is really nice and flawless. So is the fretwork and all that jazz.

- It is heavy.

- Satin finished neck is awesome, altough I prefer my neck profiles to be a bit slimmer. BUT the neck beeing necktrough confirms something I always knew : I really prefers bolt-on. Yes I do.

- Pickups are OK, but I could use higher outputs / tighter-clearer ones. WAY better than what would come as stock pickups on a 1k$ Ibanez though.

Some phone pics (and more to come once the other contenders get home) :

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^

Woah, looks good! :yum:

Very nice man I love the look of those (sans silly knobs), I'm contemplating getting a BC Rich of some kind myself at the moment. The Assassin models are particularly catching my eye (I'm a whore for super strats :lol: ).
If I keep it, knobs are definitely going. :lol:
As I said, for the price, it really is a solid and great looking guitar. For a superstrat under 900$, I definitely recommend it.

*for an RG :-D
What are you talking about? :lol:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)darren:phone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Those neon Gunslingers are very C. C. DeVille. The Zoltan is pretty hot (with normal knobs).

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
Sometimes I hate this place. :lol:

I was one click away from buying one of these. Fortunately, I "accidentally" closed the window instead of clicking the button to order. Now, I must go sulk.

Excellent guitar, man! I can't wait to read the review. :agreed:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.