Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold the BC Rich Widow I picked up last month, and decided to get a lesser project since the stain on my Warlock is taking eons to cure.

Found this local and got it for $100. The guy stuffed a set of EMGs in it, so I'm gonna yank those, keep the electronics for my H7 in case I ever want to swap the stock Metalworks back into it to return it to stock. Then I'll sell the EMGs, drop some stock BCR passive humbuckers in it and sell it off.

I have my little 'Floyd-string-changer' tool shoved under the tail in the pic as I was replacing the tetanus-encrusted strings, in case anyone's wondering what that is. Funny thing, in the listing he bragged about it having some fancy-shmancy Dimebag strings on it... never knew Dime played on rusty strings. Learn something new every day. :lol:

It's a little beat up, and the fretboard was like a supply depot for filth, but it's cleaning up nice. Acoustically, it plays and sounds good - but the EMGs just sound straight awful - not sure if they're just wired wrong (he has the rear knob set as volume, the middle as tone and the front one isn't connected to anything...) or they just suck in general. Haven't pulled one to see what model they are, and really don't care til I go to sell 'em as I'm just not an active pickup guy.

Once I get the pup situation worked out, it should be a nice player for someone looking for this sort of thing. Then, that will be the end of my BC Rich project phase - and on to something more worthwhile to flip.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Funny thing, in the listing he bragged about it having some fancy-shmancy Dimebag strings on it... never knew Dime played on rusty strings. Learn something new every day. :lol:

There's a reason "treated" is highlighted, y'know!

:medic:

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

There's a reason "treated" is highlighted, y'know!

:medic:
:lol:

Nothing says dead metal guitar legend like rusty signature strings... :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts