Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I drove down to Grays in Essex yesterday. No offence to anybody who lives in that part of the world but fuck me... what a shit hole. The guy who I picked this up off was just sitting in the back office of his used car showroom, with 2 other guys who looked like his "lackies" or "cronies". He was sitting in an enormous leather swivel-chair at a desk, and the other two standing around him, like he was the boss of some underground crime facility and I was there to buy 5kg of coke. Fuckin crazy.

"Cuppa tea mate!?"
"Eerrrm... no thanks :ugh:..."

I asked if I could use his toilet and he pointed me to this iron box outside. I had my 2 year old son with me, who had been in the car for an hour and a half with no weewee breaks, so I took him in there and it looked like the pub toilet from Trainspotting. The whole floor was brown, and even the flies looked like they had evolved into something else. I took my chances and told my son to hold it in until we found a shop.

So anyway, Essex mafia aside, I brought home this lovely little bastard at an absolutely silly price. It might not be an "official" Kramer (i.e. not one of the U.S. Kramers from when the company was in its original form), but it's still a really really nice guitar. It's a 1995 model I believe, so it's not one of the fucking horrific £85 ones they're selling these days either!

Smooth action, nice frets... HORRIFIC trem though but I'll get around that... Strings as old as the hills but that will change after today, and one of them EVH D-Tuner thingies that doesn't quite get down a whole tone :lol:

Enough babble, on with pics!

This camera is rubbish so it's adding a weird green tint to it. It's actually much more yellow but I'll take better pics when I can.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I think he's in Basildon now :lol: You can't escape the Essex James!
Stitchy-poo, you ain't gettin this axe until I'm broke... actually... that might not be too far in the future. But you've got first dibs when it goes ;)

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

My eyes....

Nice score :lol:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I like the greenish tint, damn it!

And you weren't joking about the sunglasses

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Essex <Shudder> To be fair, there are some nice-ish parts (when the inhabitants aren't there), but they are few & far between.

Dude, what model & year is that hoover? Looks like a '99 reverse handle to me

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Good lord. :lol:

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
I literally went :eek: when that first pic popped up. :lol:

Nice score. :yesway:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
1. I am from Grays, fuck you :fawk: To be fair Grays town centre is a shite hole, but I was brought up in the subburbs which aren't too bad. Good enough for the house I grew up in to be worth £400k.

2. I am absolutely positive I saw that exact same guitar hanging in a Basildon Cash Converters about 2002. Neon eye searing yellow Kramer's with a D-tuna aren't common. I went back to buy it the week later and it'd been sold.

So, congrats, I wanted that myself a long time ago :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts