Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Beard
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised, here's the NGD thread for my Angelus 7 M3B. This is the very same guitar I tried out at NAMM and I was pretty impressed then, even in rather suboptimal testing condition. So first off, piccage and vid, and then details and blah blah.

Now for the specs and general impressions...

Specs

General
Model Name: Angelus7-M3B

Body
Body Shape: Angelus
Top: Maple (Arched Top)
Back: Mahogany / Maple / Mahogany
Bridge: TonePros TP7-B
Tailpiece: Through Body Stringing

Neck
Neck Joint: Set-In
Neck Material: Maple
Neck Grip: Angelus7
Fingerboard Material: Ebony with Ivory Binding
Fingerboard Radius: R350 to R400
Scale Length: 628mm (24 3/4")
Nut Width: 49mm
No. Of Frets: 24
Fret Type: Jumbo
Nut: Graph Tech Black TUSQ
Position Inlay: Oval Inlay

Head
Headstock: Angelus7 with Ivory Binding
Head Angle: 15 Degrees
Machine Heads: Gotoh SG381-07 MG-T

Electronics
Neck Pickup: Caparison PH7-n
Bridge Pickup: Caparison PH7-b
Controls: Master Volume (CTS 500kΩ A),
Swith: Schaller Mega Switch Model M (5-Way Lever Switch)

Finish
Head Top: Pro. Black
Neck Finish: Body Colour (Gloss)
Body Finish: White (Gloss)
Hardware: TonePros Metalic Black

Specs are, as one can easily conclude, Caparison's own take on making a shorter scale 7 that works. So much in fact that I only realized it is a 24,75" scale a couple days ago as the tension felt just right (it does explain slightly less effort when performing stretchier licks, though).

Tonally, she's both defined and thick. In a way, the tonal signature isn't too far from that of the B7 I owned, where you'd have all the sharpness you'd need to the attack followed by a thick, authoritative tone that retained clarity. There's a wealth of room for intonation available should one wish to go with heavier strings / downtune, which reveals a good thought process. This means that peeps tuning up with rather light strings may be in a bit of a pickle, however, but as far as I am (and most likely 99% of people are) concerned, this will never constitute a problem.

Set up was, as expected, great, and in typical Capa fare, it's impeccably built and finished. These guys take pride in their perfectionism, and it shows. There is not one thing that is below "flawless" here, and the thing proved itself instantly as I recorded a mini-vid with it upon unboxing, shoved it back in the back, flew to NYC, played it there, flew back home, all this with no time to settle, and the neck on this thing never even budged. I did tweak the truss rod since I prefer a tad of relief. It stayed there since.

Long story short - I didn't change camp to Caparison due to promises of signature models as today's approach seems to have taken a liking for, or loads of freebies, or whatever "join us and make moneyz and get tons of stuff to flip" is fashionable these days. I did so because of very pleasurable first hand experience, a fortunate investment from the guys in ERGs and no compromise in quality. This thing is a representation of just that. Period.

As a side note, if you're interested in demos of Capas from me, please do bare in mind only my personal guitars' NGD's make it to the main instrument sections, so you'll find commissioned demos in the Dealers Section. :)

Soz for the wall of text and I hope you guys enjoy!

PS - Lyle is complete and utter crap.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
Yeah well done man.
You guys on this forum embarrass me on guitar lol

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Wondernuts)

Very nice. I just got my first Angelus the other day and I totally understand what you mean about the immediate comfort in playing and the shorter scale somehow feeling like it's got enough tension for lower tunings. That Itaru and co make some awesome guitars.

·
The Beard
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers, guys! Yeah, they are pretty classy looking guitars. I hope the sales on these grow enough to justify adding diversity to the finishes and whatnot, as I think the shape and curves lend themselves to more colourful approaches as well.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Cheers, guys! Yeah, they are pretty classy looking guitars. I hope the sales on these grow enough to justify adding diversity to the finishes and whatnot, as I think the shape and curves lend themselves to more colourful approaches as well.
:agreed: i think they would like great with some trans finishes, colourful quilted tops etc.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
:agreed: i think they would like great with some trans finishes, colourful quilted tops etc.
Yes they do look awesome with trans finishes

My personal one

Also the older models had thick slab trans tops on them and the new C2 series have quilted laminate on them

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Offer from Engage in 3... 2... 1...

Don't worry, he'll low ball you. :)

·
The Beard
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually I do have a pretty cool relationship with Zack, believe it or not. As for lowballing me, people are free to try... My knowledge of expletives and creative use of insults is well known! :lol:

·
The Beard
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'd like to avoid a ban if at all possible... :lol:

In the meantime, I hope you are sodomized by a herd of elephants and live through every dick ripping through your entrails, only meeting the sweet relief of death when the very last one cums on your mangled, unrecognizable self.

Fuck, I'm such a sweetheart.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.