Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so smitten with my Angelus and always wanted a Dellinger so the moment one popped up on Ebay, I jumped on it. It's a 2005 Dellinger SE HGS and was in remarkably good condition even so far as not having any chips out of the headstock tip. Mahogany body, maple neck and the thickest, BLACKEST piece of ebony I have seen this side of a 50s Martin. The bridge pickup has been replaced at some point with an Evo 2 which is a pretty sweet pickup although I'm still getting used to it. The neck and middle Caparison pickups are incredibly bright, like a 60s style strat.

Despite it's layout and the fact it looks like a shredders guitar, the neck is meaty. Starts at a U profile at the headstock and contouring to a nice round c around the 7th fret. It's definitely no Wizard, it's got a Les Paul thickness to it which I love. Plenty to grab onto which is the way I prefer it. Also, that ebony. I have never seen a nicer piece on a regular production guitar, incredibly tight grain and it's an incredibly thick piece. The attention to detail is top notch, even little things like the trem plate and control cover being made from aluminum and the huge limunlay dots.

That's it for me and buying guitars for a long while, I'm going to clear out the majority and just hold onto a select few.

One of the joys of having a macro lens (Canon 100mm 2.8 USM for my photo nerds) is being able to capture the fine detail of quality woods. Unfortunately this wood has tiny pores so the toan isn't completely fat.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
That headstock though :fap: nice score bud. I've always wanted to try a dellinger, but I've never even seen a caparison in person before in the UK.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Forget the guitar - gorgeous cab!

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
looks loike a fine axe \m/

only thing i would personally change is the chrome hardware. Black only.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Everyone I know who plays those guitars are asshats. You fit right in. :yesway:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wirelessly posted (Wondernuts)

flexkill said:
Everyone I know who plays those guitars are asshats. You fit right in. :yesway:
Yup, Caparison players are a lot like Gibson players in that respect, except we love the build quality and attention to detail instead of what glue they use on the joint. :lol:

Now if I can track down a decent TAT I'll be a happy man.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

ShawnF said:
I would own every Caparison ever if I could. :lol:

But I can't. :(
Well you should get at least one. Then get more. :agreed:

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
One is definitely on my "bucket list". Ideally, it would be a snow cloud Horus with a maple fretboard and gold hardware. :agreed:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

ShawnF said:
One is definitely on my "bucket list". Ideally, it would be a snow cloud Horus with a maple fretboard and gold hardware. :agreed:
Yes. :agreed:

I'd be interested to try a Horus, but I have no idea what I'd do with all those frets.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I have basically that guitar, minus the maple fretboard, and I really love.

I will say though that I haven't really found it easy to play or use anything with the 27th fret. It's way up there, and the scale is actually 24.75" so it can get pretty cramped.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Give me some lessons and I'll give it a shot!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts