Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NGD - Carvin DC727 Lagoon Burst and Introduction

5K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  Alan 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I've been lurking around here for awhile and never really got around to posting, but I figured it's time I started! I'm not sure how many of you are from SS.org, and if you are this post may be redundant to you, but I had a DC727 recently built for me with a custom burst finish, which some of you may recognize as Misha Mansoor's Mayones Regius 8 string.

The specs are:
Walnut neck and body - Gloss
Birdeye Maple Fretboard - Tung oiled
Birseye maple headstock to match top color
"Lagoon Burst" quilt maple top (which I must say is an absolutely stunning quilt)
Rosewood Knobs - I've since switched them for chrome knobs :yesway:
25.5" neck, 24 frets
Coil splitters (which I didnt actually ask for but got for free anyways and I'm glad I did)
Sperzel Locking tuners
Fixed Bridge
Stainless steel Med Jumbo frets

Birdseye headstock

And fretboard

Walnut back

Now with chrome knobs!

SOUNDCLIPS: - note that this song is not finished and doesn't have a bass track
Note: these are raw sound clips into Pod Farm. I recorded it at 2am so it's slightly sloppy and I apologize for that!

I was gunna replace the PUPs but I actually really dig the stock ones so far. They're ultra transparent and the lead tones are exactly what I've been looking for. The low end is a bit shrill and "single coily", so I might toss a Blackhawk in the bridge, but the neck PUP is flawless so far. It's ridiculously easy to play, the stainless steel frets plus the tung oiled fret board makes it stupidly easy to play. The neck pocket is so comfortable, absolutely no access issues, and I have wide hands :squint: The fact it's almost entirely walnut is not an issue, it's not too heavy at all. In fact the Walnut helps deepen the sound. Through my Valveking 112 the clean tones are just stellar. As I said before the lower distorted stuff is a bit harsh but a bit of EQing can help with that alot.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm not sure how many of you are from SS.org, and if you are this post may be redundant to you...
You realize this is the same group that started SS.org before selling it a couple years back, right? :lol:

Gorgeous guitar. You're going to find that djent tends to bore people here, though, so let me know if you want me to change your username. :lol:

#8 ·
Djesus guys :lol:

Sick score man and welcome! He actually had that finish on his old DC727 as well, actually got to play one that was supposedly a replica with the same neck carve that Misha had which was a little different from stock and that was single handedly one of the best 7s I can attest to playing. If yours has 1/10 the mojo that one did then that is indeed a badass fiddle! :yesway:

#24 ·
Every 7 years, Chris upgrades his ride.
The cycle will soon be complete, and begin again.

The next web site will go right up market, and appeal to people that buy guitar straps for 400 dollars. :agreed:

:wub:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.