Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Format C: For Cortex
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's nothing quite like coming home from work on a friday afternoon to your new guitar sitting at the front door. :yesway:

First impressions: horrible setup. :lol: But once I set it up and stretched in the strings I was blown away by how hot this guitar sounds, even on the lower end. It's crisp and clear. :yum:

Here's a short clip.

:metal:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Nice dude, love the maple.:yesway:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Me too. It's a swamp ash body aswell. :cool:
Yeah, after getting my swamp ash G&L Tele it's pretty apparent to me It just might be the best wood for guitars. I have always been a big chunk of mahogany kind of guy....but the clarity and snap of the swamp ash, coupled with maple necks, is just to die for.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Maple fretboard ftw! And ash bodies too for that matter! I'm like hooked on ash now. After my Tele and M80M, it's my new fav tonewood.

Saw your clip on IG too, Broksi. Classic shredhands \m/

·
EMERRRRRRRY!
720 Posts
Ash + maple = always a winning combo! Looks great Mikey! :D

P.S. Get those wraps off those tuners, locking Sperzels don't need or require the string wraps! :lol: I don't think they will hurt anything, but they're specifically designed to NOT be wrapped around the peg. ;)

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Some of us prefer the wrap method....hipsters!

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
There's no reason to, though. :lol:

You're just being contrary to be contrary, and that's pretty hip.
Just know that when you snip all that extra toan off, you have to turn up your amp to compensate.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
The rest of us prefer tuning stability
You're playing a Gibson LP..... There is no tuning stability....the G string anyway :lol:

·
Иди на х&#1091
485 Posts
Not my style but it looks nice for what it is. Ever since I got my first carvin with the ebony fretboard I don't feel like switching to anything else. Against stainless steel frets, the contrast is amazing. Gotta love that mass customization.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.