Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

After sending money, I found the following videos, made by the seller -

:eek:

I think I might have discovered what makes it sound soo shitty (besides the desperate need for a tuner)

Perhaps Dan can make me some pickups...

And, it looks like the strings are factory originals :rofl:

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if you've noticed, but every picture you've posted so far has been back to front. Except the Rotor ones...:scratch:
heh. I was tempted to reverse the first picture to not cause undue confusion to you "right"-handed people :)

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Don't cater to these assholes.

A good number of them are actually lefties who refuse to walk the righteous path.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Congrats! I wonder how many lefty ones they actually made, as that's gotta be a pretty rare one.

I ordered a custom Elixir set: 10 15 24 36 56 for C G D A E (low to high). Feels pretty balanced, with nice tension.

Also, the stock pickups sound really good in my opinon... if it's just short a mounting screw, the pickups are probably worth saving.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Scott said:
Don't cater to these assholes.

A good number of them are actually lefties who refuse to walk the righteous path.
Just because I'm a lefty who plays guitar correctly, and thus rewarded with a vastly superior selection of guitars doesn't mean I'm an asshole :D

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats! I wonder how many lefty ones they actually made, as that's gotta be a pretty rare one.

I ordered a custom Elixir set: 10 15 24 36 56 for C G D A E (low to high). Feels pretty balanced, with nice tension.

Also, the stock pickups sound really good in my opinon... if it's just short a mounting screw, the pickups are probably worth saving.
Yes, I've been looking for one for a while and this is the first I found.

After taking the filthy fucking strings off (and ritualistically washing myself like a rape victim afterward) -

it doesn't look like any of the leads have broken, so I'll just glue it up and hope for the best.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Just because I'm a lefty who plays guitar correctly, and thus rewarded with a vastly superior selection of guitars doesn't mean I'm an asshole :D
If I could go back in time to educate the young asshole me as a kid, one of the long list of things I would tell him is to try hard to play as a righty - it will be easier to satisfy your gear whore needs that way.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
God damn, I've barley ever seen any of those in righty, never mind leftie! Did they actually make 5 string pickups for these, or were they just 6 string humbuckers? If they used 6 string pickups you'd have some options for replacement.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Arrrrgh, very jealous! I've been after one of these for years!

Love the Avenger body-shape as well...

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I really want one of these for some reason, even though 5ths only tuning is totally feasible on a 6 string :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts