Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm on vacation for the week & after selling off a bunch of gear lately, I decided to pay a visit to a killer music store near me just to see what they had. I noticed they had all their Charvel USA Production Models for a great price. So, being that I'm a gearwhore & not retarded except on cheap beer drinkfests with Donnie, I thought I'd give them a whirl.

Specs:
http://www.charvel.com/pdf/SD%20Style%201rev3.pdf

Color: Candy Blue
Pups: SD JB/59

Pics for the internet:

Pics for my shitty camera phone:

I NEED SOME FR00TY PUPS & ACCESSORIES NOW.

·
Banned
2,695 Posts
Fantastic choice. :yesway: You went with exactly the one I would have picked as well. You can't go wrong with those Charvels.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, man. So far, this sucker is really bringing out the EVH in me.

So, Mr. Fr00t....
How should I trick out this guitar? Remember, my main axe is the UV777GR, so I'm pretty much up for anything. :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
i fucking LOVE mine. Nice aquisitionification

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Outstanding choice, Shannon... blue + maple = hot!

I wouldn't do a thing to it. I love how minimal and perfect they are.

And as cool as i think the Tele-style ones are, there's something about a Tele-style body with a Strat headstock that's just wrong. Those ones would have been great with the angled Jackson-style headstock.

Long & McQuade is blowing out the Tele-style ones this month for CAD$699. Very tempting.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Darren.
Per the music store, Charvel is doing their last batch of USA production models, then production models are going to be built overseas & they will only build customs in the USA. Pretty sad, so get these while you can as they will probably be collector's items.

I haven't been able to set down "Ol' Bloo" since I got her & I'm serious thinking of pulling the trigger on the Slime Green one from the 8th & final production batch.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Very nice score! Those guitars are incredible for the price they're asking. Congrats! :yesway:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Mmm... very tempting indeed.

Oh, Lee... your signature guitar is calling!

That Slime Green one is just SCREAMING for a set of H-S-H pink DiMarzios.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
i really really really really want a slime green one. so cool. Sucks ASS that the production is running out

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Nice score Shannon :yesway: These are indeed bad-assed guitars. I've been debating grabbing a slime green before they're gone since I sold the purple tele style I had...

·
Habitual Line Stepper
490 Posts
i really really really really want a slime green one. so cool. Sucks ASS that the production is running out
Nice score!

I also desperately want a slime green one. Someone buy my SLSMG.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Damn, just when I bought this...

...the Slime Green comes out. I want it bad.

Agreed with the San Dimas 2 looking odd with the tele body+strat head. Nice choice on the blue as well. Looks fantastic. :hbang:

And I want that Wildcard too... damn, everyone needs to get a US Charvel asap. :yesway:

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn, just when I bought this...

...the Slime Green comes out. I want it bad.

Agreed with the San Dimas 2 looking odd with the tele body+strat head. Nice choice on the blue as well. Looks fantastic. :hbang:

And I want that Wildcard too... damn, everyone needs to get a US Charvel asap. :yesway:
Yeah man, I have a feeling if you don't get one of these now, their value is going to skyrocket pretty soon. I'm already on the head for my 2nd one. :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts