Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:scream: :wub:

SOOOO ive been looking for a maple boarded strat for a while, and i was just glancing around at a pawn shop about 2 months ago, and saw this. tagged at 300, but they were having a 40% off of all music gear sale, so it was 180. So, for just under 200 after tax and a 2 dollar layaway fee (im a brokeass :/ ), i scored one.

Its a bit rough, the edges of the neck are worn hard (probably just fucking with the strings above the pickups), and the frets are a bit funky (well leveled, but worn), but that can be remedied. Im waiting on a few things before i go upgrade happy on its ass.

Ive got a prewired placeholder pickguard (junk white), with 2 texas specials and a jb jr, with a master volume, master tone TBX, and a volume coilsplit a la peavey t40
Need to score a pearloid pickguard (white or mint), hopefully used
Fender Locking Schaller Tuners
pearloid buttons
a brass nut
upgraded bridge
extra large steel block
tusq saddles (on order).

So once i get a pickguard and my saddles come in, ill be upgrading the shit out of it. I was thinking for some reason it was a twotone sunburst, and was going to get it painted orange, but now that i realize its a threetone im not so convinced.

TO THE PICS
(sorry there are so few lol)

:wavey:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Paint it orange. Anything else would be uncivilized.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its the glue leftover from one, it looks like. definitely has the right shape

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Man, I saw the thread title, and immediately scrolled down thinking this was an Inca Silver. :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol, i wouldve given you immediate buyers dibs if it was :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I honestly look for one every time I walk into a guitar store. :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Aesthetically, its staying the same, other than a new pickguard, and some extra poles on the bridge pickup :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pearloid pickguard aquisitioned!!!!!! !!!

!

Now to wait, for the mail, for a pickguard and saddulz :squint:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts