Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded Leon for ye olde Xiphos XPT700 (thx brah). When I got it, the first thing I noticed was how disgustingly grimy it was, but I don't believe that was Leon's work... or was it :squint: It needed some serious love too, as far as a setup was concerned.

So I disassembled it down to the smallest washer and screw for a deep clean and adjustment. After a good soak in chemicals, truss rod adjustment, intonation, nut realignment + shimming, fresh strings, 0000g steel wooling, fret board cleaning & oiling, and wipe down, it looks and plays like a fuckin boss.

Check it:

It was a lot of fun taking it apart and putting it back together.
I'm still up in the air about what tuning I want to keep it in. I have it intonated and setup in D standard at the moment and I'm liking it a lot.

Here's a clip of it:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I followed this on Facebook - I didn't realize that was the one Leon ended up having all the drama over! That bitch is clean :yesway:

Clip sounds beastly sir. Too short! :hbang:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I didn't know it came from a troubled past :lol: It there a thread about this drama?
I don't know if it was a thread or the chat room. Short version is that Leon sent the kid his Schecter C1 in a trade, and the kid took ages to send him the Ibby. I'm sure he'll fill in the blanks. :lol:

Drama aside, that fits you man, and I usually don't like those. :yesway:

·
EMERRRRRRRY!
720 Posts
Noice! You need to come up and record some more with me sir. I've got all my toontrack shit installed finally, just need some lessons in Sonar 6. :rofl: That looks good dude, from rags to riches over here! :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Noice! You need to come up and record some more with me sir. I've got all my toontrack shit installed finally, just need some lessons in Sonar 6. :rofl: That looks good dude, from rags to riches over here! :lol:
Lesson: Uninstall it, install Reaper, profit. :wub:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I know nothing about recording, is Reaper easy to use? :(
Yup. It's the best man. There's also a bajillion awesome thread on here about how to use/do cool shit with it, and their forum over at the main site is super-useful, unlike Cakewalk's shitfest.

It's every bit as awesome as everyone says it is, and a total breeze to get started with. And it's totally free - the "license" is something you'll end up buying just because it's such a great piece of software. The devs totally deserve it. (And it's like $40 total or something, but the demo never expires, and isn't crippled at all). It rules.

(Sorry Ryan :lol:)

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Dude nice! Looks really sharp (pun intented). ha, dude I'm really liking your Pod XT patch you uploaded. Tweaked it a bit for me (bit of comp less verb) and it's a nice change from my normal patch I use.

Excellent mix too.

Reactions: Ryan

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dude nice! Looks really sharp (pun intented). ha, dude I'm really liking your Pod XT patch you uploaded. Tweaked it a bit for me (bit of comp less verb) and it's a nice change from my normal patch I use.

Excellent mix too.
Oh, rad man, glad you're liking it. I wanted to pull the kicks down in the mix, but my DM side was like NOOOOO :metal: And damnit, now Ola's youtube vids have me wanting an AFX.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Man, as much as I hated that thing, I'm REALLY relieved that you like it :wub:

I'm loving the shit out of this HT-5!

And... yeah... The kid wanted to trade, so, fine, I sent him the guitar. He was like, "Uh we didn't think you'd send it that fast." I thought, "Who the fuck is WE?!" :lol: It took him two MONTHS to send the Xiphos, in the greasy, lousy condition it was in.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
grats on the new guitar, I was hoping for some hylian metal in the clip perhaps you need to work on your next song?

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That clip reminded me of Morbid Angel, awesome.
Heeeeey thanks man. I wanna put together a little 8-song something something from all the riffage I have laying around on my PC.

Man, as much as I hated that thing, I'm REALLY relieved that you like it :wub:

I'm loving the shit out of this HT-5!

And... yeah... The kid wanted to trade, so, fine, I sent him the guitar. He was like, "Uh we didn't think you'd send it that fast." I thought, "Who the fuck is WE?!" :lol: It took him two MONTHS to send the Xiphos, in the greasy, lousy condition it was in.
You wanna talk greasy? :lol: When I took the trem apart, the steel casing's underside was BLACK and HAIRY. I don't know how the fuck you get hair in there but damn.. It was like a rabid rat had a fight with a WD-40 can.

Glad you're happy with the HT man. :cool:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Heeeeey thanks man. I wanna put together a little 8-song something something from all the riffage I have laying around on my PC.

You wanna talk greasy? :lol: When I took the trem apart, the steel casing's underside was BLACK and HAIRY. I don't know how the fuck you get hair in there but damn.. It was like a rabid rat had a fight with a WD-40 can.

Glad you're happy with the HT man. :cool:
You know that some people don't use a trem back plate. Some people also like to jam out nude. That can lead to

TREM PUBES

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
grats on the new guitar, I was hoping for some hylian metal in the clip perhaps you need to work on your next song?
Haha, I'm running out of Zelda themed music to cover bro!

You know that some people don't use a trem back plate. Some people also like to jam out nude. That can lead to

TREM PUBES
And everyone knows PUBES = TONE...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts