Metal Guitarist Forums banner

NGD + Clip \m/

4K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Ryan 
#1 ·
Traded Leon for ye olde Xiphos XPT700 (thx brah). When I got it, the first thing I noticed was how disgustingly grimy it was, but I don't believe that was Leon's work... or was it :squint: It needed some serious love too, as far as a setup was concerned.

So I disassembled it down to the smallest washer and screw for a deep clean and adjustment. After a good soak in chemicals, truss rod adjustment, intonation, nut realignment + shimming, fresh strings, 0000g steel wooling, fret board cleaning & oiling, and wipe down, it looks and plays like a fuckin boss.

Check it:

It was a lot of fun taking it apart and putting it back together.
I'm still up in the air about what tuning I want to keep it in. I have it intonated and setup in D standard at the moment and I'm liking it a lot.

Here's a clip of it:

See less See more
#9 ·
Dude nice! Looks really sharp (pun intented). ha, dude I'm really liking your Pod XT patch you uploaded. Tweaked it a bit for me (bit of comp less verb) and it's a nice change from my normal patch I use.

Excellent mix too.

Reactions: Ryan
#10 ·
Dude nice! Looks really sharp (pun intented). ha, dude I'm really liking your Pod XT patch you uploaded. Tweaked it a bit for me (bit of comp less verb) and it's a nice change from my normal patch I use.

Excellent mix too.
Oh, rad man, glad you're liking it. I wanted to pull the kicks down in the mix, but my DM side was like NOOOOO :metal: And damnit, now Ola's youtube vids have me wanting an AFX.

#11 ·
Man, as much as I hated that thing, I'm REALLY relieved that you like it :wub:

I'm loving the shit out of this HT-5!

And... yeah... The kid wanted to trade, so, fine, I sent him the guitar. He was like, "Uh we didn't think you'd send it that fast." I thought, "Who the fuck is WE?!" :lol: It took him two MONTHS to send the Xiphos, in the greasy, lousy condition it was in.

#15 ·
Heeeeey thanks man. I wanna put together a little 8-song something something from all the riffage I have laying around on my PC.

Man, as much as I hated that thing, I'm REALLY relieved that you like it :wub:

I'm loving the shit out of this HT-5!

And... yeah... The kid wanted to trade, so, fine, I sent him the guitar. He was like, "Uh we didn't think you'd send it that fast." I thought, "Who the fuck is WE?!" :lol: It took him two MONTHS to send the Xiphos, in the greasy, lousy condition it was in.
You wanna talk greasy? :lol: When I took the trem apart, the steel casing's underside was BLACK and HAIRY. I don't know how the fuck you get hair in there but damn.. It was like a rabid rat had a fight with a WD-40 can.

Glad you're happy with the HT man. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.