Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this today I made another thread about it on the capa forums but I thought I'd share here too

Im really loving the maple board and the dimarzios sound excellent.

Ive got it setup in D standard for some romeo covers, i need to get off my ass and learn how to use a multi track recording software to grab some clips.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Aged maple on white :D

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Did Caparison change the specs on it? That looks a bit different than the MJR I have. Most noticeably are the headstock graphics and is that a white gloss finish? :scratch:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Did Caparison change the specs on it? That looks a bit different than the MJR I have. Most noticeably are the headstock graphics and is that a white gloss finish? :scratch:
Ive asked the same question myself. A couple of people over at the Caparison Forum have said its an early prototype MJR

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Ive asked the same question myself. A couple of people over at the Caparison Forum have said its an early prototype MJR
The headstock logo is a dead giveaway. Also, there's no binding on the "stock" MJR, it's just a black veneer with his signature on it.

Congrats on getting a rare find then. :yesway:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The headstock logo is a dead giveaway. Also, there's no binding on the "stock" MJR, it's just a black veneer with his signature on it.

Congrats on getting a rare find then. :yesway:

Cj over at the capa forum explained the serial for me too.

cj87 @ Caparisonforum.com said:
Re: quick question
Sure,

The first digit 1 is just a baseline, it doesn't really mean anything. I guess they didn't always use the first digit until around the late 90's, but most Caparison's always have a meaningless 1 at the beginning.
The next 2 numbers are the number of years past 1995 the guitar was made. So yours being 11 make it a 2006 since it was built 11 years after 1995. The next sequence of numbers just means what number guitar was built that year. Yours was the 168th guitar built in 2006. You definitely have a unique guitar here.
I found this image while looking for more info on the guitar

Any one know how many of these prototypes were made? I asked the seller what he knew about the history of the guitar and he said that this guitar was one of the early prototypes with "different thickness"
he doesnt speak much english but im guessing he meant this guitar was one of the guitars made for romeo to try out for the kind of neck he wanted.

When I played it my first thought was "holy shit this feels like a Fender neck?!". It feels different to the Dellinger neck Ive played on (thicker and rounder) but it flattens out around the 1st - 3rd fret the same way the horus/dellinger neck profiles do.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I grabbed a flight case off ebay from Chris Ammotts old tech for ze Dellinger its a ****ing tank of a case

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the ibby case in the top pic is a UV guitar case. And it dwarfs it by comparison.

Its a well built case, i swapped the dellinger out of its regular caparison case and put the Horus I had made into the old MJR case.

Its weird. an MJR is a CA1 case XD

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
That MJR is absolutely gorgeous!

I don't know why, but to me the color scheme on this guitar works. The white body/maple fretboard/black headstock. I don't like it on the Ibanez RG1527M.

I don't know why.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts