1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Neil deGrasse Tyson is my HERO.
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New

Nineties

Slightly scallop fretted

Japanese Jackson EDIT: Performer (just realised) Day!

I bought this for $215NZD inc. shipping. It arrived stringless and needed EVERYTHING virtually done to it but she's up and playing. Cutting compound worked magic on the frets. The scallop job was obviously aborted - I don't think it even takes effect but it's cool in a pointless sort of way. I didn't have any lube (lolol) so the trem, which was in need of some, isn't really my best friend at the moment. I don't think it would work too well even with lubrication - the knife edges look rather shot. The top trem stud is burred so I can't raise the height on that side so those will be replaced. I'm probably going to replace everything on it when I run in to some more drug/hit money :lol:

12-54 in C#, 99% perfectly (makes no sense, I know) intonated and it sounds good. I'm very happy, despite the missing parts and dinged body.

If any Jackson nuts know the exact specs - chime in!

P

·
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
hell yeah :hbang: very cool

·
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PS. Spongebob takes the win.

·
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice!

Any reason the knobs don't match - or is that how it came?
I'm not sure if I'm bamping this thread epicly but I put that strat style knob on to see how it looked...pushed it on too far and can't get it off...I prefer it to the metal knobs but I'm pissed that it's a 'tone' knob :lol:

What do you guys think, X2N and two hot rails...or some such?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts