Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pics first:

Got this about 10 days ago, and I'm blown away by it.
I love my Sterling JP70s, and I got so curious about the 'real' JP7, I got this, and as much as I love the JP70s, I do have to say, this is a completely different league. Playability, workmanship, sound, feel is just stellar. Much better sustain especially on higher notes as well.

Only slight 'issue' I'm having right now is: when I push down the trem the low b-string comes back sharp. I am not sure what could be causing this. Maybe the strings are not fully stretched in yet? I would not assume the nut slot begin too narrow.
Do you guys lube the nut on your EBMM JP guitars? How is the tuning stability on your trems?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

My guess is some nut lubrication will sort you out
I might give that a try. I did that with my JP70s and it really helped tuning stability a lot. I used vaseline mixed with some graphite from a pencil.

My JP6 is the most stable guitar that I own when it comes to the whoop-whoop. I whoop whoop the crap out of it, too. That bridge/nut setup RULES.
Did you do anything on particular to get the trem to be so stable? lubrication? or anything else?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I use that big bends nut sauce stuff, but honestly I think that shit is mostly snake oil. :lol:

Mostly I just string it up and beat the shit out of it. Once the strings are stretched it's game on.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use that big bends nut sauce stuff, but honestly I think that shit is mostly snake oil. :lol:

Mostly I just string it up and beat the shit out of it. Once the strings are stretched it's game on.
Thanks!
Yeah, maybe it's only the strings that need to be fully stretched in on my guitar. I will give this a couple days and if it does not get better I will try some lubrication.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Thanks!
Yeah, maybe it's only the strings that need to be fully stretched in on my guitar. I will give this a couple days and if it does not get better I will try some lubrication.
Well, to be fair, and I mean no disrespect, you tend to scrutinize your guitars a lot more than basically anyone else I've ever heard of. :lol:

But just stretch 'em the fun and old fashioned way. Sit down for 15 minutes and kick the crap out of the thing and they should loosen right up on ya. :yesway:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, to be fair, and I mean no disrespect, you tend to scrutinize your guitars a lot more than basically anyone else I've ever heard of. :lol:
LOL, yes. That's putting it lightly :)

But just stretch 'em the fun and old fashioned way. Sit down for 15 minutes and kick the crap out of the thing and they should loosen right up on ya. :yesway:
will do. Thanks! :yesway:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.