• Chambered body
  • Kiesel Thorium bridge pickup
  • Kiesel Lithium neck pickup
  • 3-way switch + push/pull coil split volume
  • EVO gold medium jumbo frets
  • Satin finish on body, tung oiled neck
  • 25.5"-27" scale
  • 6.2lbs
I was initially sort of turned off by headless guitars, but after sitting down and spending some time playing a few, they just clicked for me. Having a full size, full sounding guitar in such a compact and convenient package is just too good to pass up. A few friends of mine have Kiesels, so after playing those and the Vader, I knew one would be my next guitar.

Plus, with the amount of different options offered, I was able to spec out my ideal guitar for less than an off-the-shelf Les Paul Standard. Impressive.

This thing is just flawless. I've poured over this guitar looking for any small issue, but I can't find anything. The ebony top has a lot of peanut butter-ish coloring to it, which is exactly what I wanted, and the figuring in the black limba is just insane. The guitar is setup exactly how I like it, with super low action and just the slightest bit of bow in the neck so that acoustically it has a little bit of buzz, but through the amp is clear and concise while being insanely easy to play.

This is my first 7-string and my first multiscale guitar, but I'm adjusting to it very quickly. The scale difference disappears after 10 minutes of playing, and I've messed around with 7 strings before, so it's not the biggest adjustment, I just end up getting a little lost sometimes when trying to transpose songs I now have to play a little differently from a 6 string. The fretboard is also a 20" radius, so it is much flatter than I'm used to, but I actually like it a lot. It makes fast runs up the neck just that much faster, though reaching across the neck for low string chords feels a little odd at first.

The pickups are just great. A lot of people don't like Kiesel's Lithiums, but the neck pickup on this sounds pretty damn good to me, though probably not as smooth/nice as a Sentient. I really, really love the Thorium in the bridge, though. I bought this to play death metal, and this pickup is just brutal. It has a lot of low end, but remains very articulate and super tight for palm mute picking across strings and chugging chords. This pickup is definitely impressing me over my Nazgul, as it has a lot more output and a much stronger low end.

So I finally I got a guitar where I could delete that stupid tone knob that I never use! I was able to pick the placement of the 3-way and volume too, so I was able to put everything exactly where I wanted them. Oh, and the coil split is actually pretty handy for clean stuff, the bridge pickup split actually comes within shouting distance of a strat tone, believe it or not.

I couldn't be happier. My wallet and my girlfriend aren't the happiest, but I am completely satisfied. I've been insanely busy lately, but I'll try to record some clips at some point.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
That's rather a nice looking guitar. What's the deal with the inlays? Is that an option or did you get a custom one done?

·
The Devil's Advocate
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man! The inlays are an option now, they're showing up on more guitars now on their FB page. Just saw one that has a bloodwood board with just the crescent inlay and no other dots, that looked pretty damn cool.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Looks great! Although the fingerboard + crescent reminds me a fair bit of an outhouse door :lol:

Reactions: 1

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Beautiful guitar! I really dig my Vader 7. Took me a minute to get use to the whole headless thing.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Amazingly to me, that is a really decent looking guitar. In their website in that "ready to go" section, resides some of the ugliest monstrosities I've ever seen anywhere. That guitar looks great though; love the ebony top and the limba back is stunning. If you hadn't picked it every spec, they never would have made anything half as good looking. Hope she makes you happy for a long time :)

·
The Devil's Advocate
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you! I freaking love this thing. It's funny on here, anything that's not an RG or a superstrat of some sort doesn't get much love.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
It's funny on here, anything that's not an RG or a superstrat of some sort doesn't get much love.
I'm being nice, I won't say what i'm thinking. I won't say what I want to say.

You are welcome. :cheers:

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
I’ll say it nicely- there have been a number of threads here illustrating Kiesel’s quality control (or lack thereof)

·
The Devil's Advocate
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have zero intention of starting a debate or argument here. We've all got our opinions, and those will never 100% align in a group of people, so I won't say anything on that subject other than the fact that mine came out flawless, so I'm happy.

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
It’s all good. You got the guitar you wanted and that’s all that really matters. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
This totally flew under my radar. Gorgeous guitar and in fact the Vader's are the only guitars I like (aesthetically) from Kiesel, so congrats :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts