Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I won the Andy James solo contest on youtube, which was sponsored by ESP and Blackstar. My prizes arrived today - a Blackstar HT-Dual pedal and a LTD H-401FM. (catchy name eh?) Unfortunately, they were delivered to Thurso, where I lived until about 2 weeks ago - I left for college, so the guitar got delivered to mum and dad instead - which means I won't actually have the guitar for another 4 weeks(ish) until I get home in the October break.

However, Dad decided to be nice and torture me with pictures :lol:

Specs:
Set-Thru Construction
25.5" Scale
Mahogany Body
Flamed Maple Top
Maple Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
42mm Earvana Compensated Nut
Thin U Neck Contour
24 XJ Frets
Black Nickel Hardware
Grover Tuners
TOM Bridge
Seymour Duncan Custom-5 (B) / Jazz (N) p.u. w/ 5-Way Ultra Switch

It looks awesome, and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Wow, I think you've got one of the only ESP/LTDs I like, that thing is beautiful. I want one now :lol: Congrats on winning the competition too!

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Nice - that's rather pretty! :D

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Congrats! The 400 series are absolutely killer guitars, so good in fact that most of them are being discontinued as they're stealing sales from the 1000 series. I *ahem* may have kinda impulse bought one recently. Just need to pay off the balance and collect it. Damn music store working friends and their irresistable deals :lol:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Congrats dude, that guitar looks sexy!

I may need to acquire one.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
lyle, play a breakdown for 2 seconds at the start of your first vid w/ the guitar, then don't do any more. Just to see what happens :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lyle, play a breakdown for 2 seconds at the start of your first vid w/ the guitar, then don't do any more. Just to see what happens :lol:
I cannot bring myself to play such shit. The guitar deserves better than that...

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
That looks shaped an awful lot like my C1. If it plays as well, you're in for a treat :yesway:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts