Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay realized that not only do I not have time to play 8 string but none of the artists that I listen to use 8 string. So I traded my Agile Septor 828 for this....

Pic doesn't show the colour correctly. It is sonic blue which is a soft pastel blue and the pickguard has a brown speckled pattern.

It is weird for a Fender in that it has active pickups with 6 voicings that you can choose from using the middle tone knob.

For me the highlight of the guitar is the modern C neck. I like slimmer necks and for a strat this is on the slimmer side in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some googling tells me it's loaded with Texas Specials (passive pickups), with an active preamp on the middle tone knob, which you can bypass with the switch on the volume knob. Sounds like some sweet versatility, if the preamp sounds any good.
From what I understand it is an MIM body with US electronics.

I'd suggest youtube for clips as I am not set up for quality recordings and my skill level is so bad I wouldn't be able to represent the gear well.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
From what I understand it is an MIM body with US electronics.

I'd suggest youtube for clips as I am not set up for quality recordings and my skill level is so bad I wouldn't be able to represent the gear well.
I can't speak for the preamp, but Texas Specials are wound in the Fender custom shop, and are amongst Fender's most popular pickups.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
I think you did the right thing.
yeah you think? lol, wtf were you thinking Frank? An 8 string???:lol:

nice strat too ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.