2,501 Posts
Nice. Looks like only a two piece body. Score! :yesway:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks, folks!

Is that a Mexican beauty?
Yessir, I'm a sucker for a Latina with a healthy complexion.

No video? Weak! Kotzen cover medley in a day, or I'm taking my love for you away.
Well, I'm less of a "Ritchie Kotzen telecaster player" and more of a "Vince Gill/James Burton telecaster player", so you might want to consider us both lucky I didn't post a video. :lol:

EDIT: Accidently left Brent Mason off that list.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Nice. Looks like only a two piece body. Score! :yesway:
I see three pieces. (There's a seam visible below the bridge on the front, and above on the back.) Mexican guitars used to have a veneer front and back to hide the number of pieces… my brother's Mexican Tele looks like a 1-piece body, because the veneer and bursted edges hide all seams.

They must be using better quality blanks on the Mexican guitars these days.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see three pieces. (There's a seam visible below the bridge on the front, and above on the back.) Mexican guitars used to have a veneer front and back to hide the number of pieces… my brother's Mexican Tele looks like a 1-piece body, because the veneer and bursted edges hide all seams.

They must be using better quality blanks on the Mexican guitars these days.
I was assuming it's a 3-piece because I could see the offset seam on the bass side from the front, and I just figured that it was most likely one piece in the middle and two on the outside.

Can't comment with regard to the blanks on old vs. new. All the MIMs I've had experience with were solid finish.

Ooohh, that is very pretty indeed. 6 saddles on a tele though?
Heresy!
:lol:

You make a good point.

I acquired this in a trade on SSO with a member and, crazy as it sounds, I didn't ask for any pics or even what color it was before it got here. I figured if it was solid, I was probably going to route it for a B-bender (and swap the bridge out anyway) or if I didn't like the color, I was going to sell it to recollect the money I spent on the guitar I traded him.

Didn't even enter into my mind that it'd be a trans-finish that I'd actually like. There's nothing WRONG with the bridge on here but you're right, I prefer a 3-saddle bridge on a tele. Any recommendations?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
^ I have one of those (from GFS, no less) on my Telexplorer and it's a pretty awesome bridge :yesway:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts