Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my other NGD and not the Heartfield I was looking for.

Was scouring Reverb for a Talon III or V. Had a III sometime back but had more issues that warranted getting fixed. Then I come across this EX1.

I'd never seen nor heard of one before. 'The hell is this?' I say. Well, it piqued my interest enough that the low price was worth it. What I got was a monster.

It's heavy as hell and sounds amazing. I've seen 2 single coils as a humbucker before but never tried one. Seems a previous owner blocked the Gotoh Floyd so I'm gonna leave it for now.

The specs!

alder body with bolt-on maple neck with dot inlays on a rosewood fingerboard
22 jumbo frets
a scale length of 25.5" and a neck radius of 16.9"
Black chrome hardware
Gotoh cast/sealed tuners
Gotoh Floyd Rose-licensed tremolo
three high-output single coil pickups (2 singles in a 'humbucker' configuration at the bridge, 1 in the neck position)
3-way switch with coil selector and 3-way frequency boost
Master volume control, master (Fender) TBX control, frequency control and boost

The pickup selector does neck, neck & bridge & bridge
The mini toggle closest to the does 1. in parallel, 2. middle pickup off (obv making the bridge a 'single) and 3. middle pickup on
The other toggle is for the boost. 1. band elimination filter. 2. band elimination filter plus a 10dB boost and 3. filter & booster off.

I'm loving the red pearl burst finish as well. Couldn't be more surprised and happy how much fun this guitar is to play. Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Man that has a nice finish. I have to admit that is a brand I am not really very familiar with but damn that looks nice.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Man that has a nice finish. I have to admit that is a brand I am not really very familiar with but damn that looks nice.
It was a Fender, Inc brand made by Fuji Gen Gakki, which is why they tend to be so Ibanezy :) Nice guitars

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Wow, very nice. I really dig the general config, very unique looking as well, particularly for a superstrat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts