Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long story short: I want guitars I can play comfortably, and have learned a big lesson.. again.

Now I could bore you all with how I go to Matt's Music in London often, how the guys know me by name and how I really enjoy spending time in the store, how I was initially going to get a parker nitefly, blah blah blah...

Or I could simply Give Up The Goods:

GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM?! HELL YEAH!

FOOLED YOU that's my loaner les paul (thanks Ryan!)

PRS Tremonti SE in natural: black is boring, silver was a touch too over the top, and it only comes in 3 colours. I would have preferred white dots and binding but alas..

I tried to get a good shot of the rosewood grain (all guitars need a lemon oiling)

She'll probably be my main player. Destined for J S Moore's at some point.

Next stop, PRS Custom 24 SE, which will guaranteed get the Black Widow/V-1 treatment + 6-way toggle if I can swing it

I wish the Tremonti had moons..

Mmm, natural binding!

Unofficial Eric Clapton '59 Signature Dano, anybody??? This was an impulse, but it sounds decent plays alright and gets my single coil tones on :)

And finally, it wouldn't be an NGD if you didn't hold it up

Thank you for looking!

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I test all the guitars through a 6505+ or 6534+ the store has, and the dano sounded quite decent - my friend and I were pleasantly suprised. It definitely sounds different through the Roadster, but I'd gladly bring it out to a jam session.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
That Tremonti SE is sharp. (Moons would be cool on it, though.)

What'd you do? Trade the Sims?

Danos sound like nothing else. Lipstick tubes (and plywood + masonite bodies) have their own peculiar attack and resonance.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did trade the Sims, it's now on the wall there. In hindsight I should have pushed for a triple guitar stand in the deal as well, but whatever.

The store may have a position available soon and I already dropped off my resume, and will be bringing in an updated version today - hopefully I can work there!

Darren, I agree about the Dano - I'm thinking 9-46 in E standard will be fun with it! Get my RHCP on or something :yesway:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Those SEs really are great bang for the buck, and now you've got three flavours for the price of one!

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
GEAR WHORE! :lol:

That's a lot of new gear. Congrats!

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I like having the option of actual single coils available again - I figure some reverb and delay, the first two channels of the Roadster and see what comes to me.

I have my "everything" in the Tremonti, my metal in the Custom 24 (which will be put in B or C, I haven't decided yet - the LPC is in C right now), and the Dano for whatever I feel like.

There will be a very interesting After The Burial clip made at some point as well :yesway:

Edit: Yes Eric, I know. At least it's $600 guitars now, which means.. more of them :lol:.

I also have a Pacifica 812V downgraded slightly for sale for $250 with brand new gig bag, I need to re-list it on Kijiji. I was hoping to restore it to it's former glory (mostly a new bridge pickup and new locking tuners) and profit, but alas. Once that goes, I'm more then half-way to a new rad for the car :)

·
Bringer of, Satan Ants
3,384 Posts
HIGH 5.
Epic score. :yesway:
Gearus whorus maximus.. lol

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Speaking of gear whoring, I should acquire a CBG...

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To those wondering: I'm aware I a) took a big loss on the Sims b) traded in a guitar to a music store c) probably fit the bill for "insane", but the staff have been very helpful and supportive, I've never had issues going into the store and I can test out whatever I want, for pretty much as long as I want. I'll give a good store my business, and Matt's Music has been a damned good store!

/rant

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
To those wondering: I'm aware I a) took a big loss on the Sims b) traded in a guitar to a music store c) probably fit the bill for "insane", but the staff have been very helpful and supportive, I've never had issues going into the store and I can test out whatever I want, for pretty much as long as I want. I'll give a good store my business, and Matt's Music has been a damned good store!

/rant
It's cool bro. You've been trying to move that Sims for a long time and seemed not to be having any luck. Glad you moved on and have some sweet guitars now :yesway:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm looking forward to getting the pickup swaps done in the SE's as they sound pretty dead in comparison to the LPC. That LP Custom is also up for sale by the owner, which I meant to say earlier.

Thanks for the comments!

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Man, that Dana sure is frOOty. :eek2: :lol:

Congrats on trading a guitar and getting 3 in return! Good move, me thinks. :yesway:

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
Nicely done, bro! :yesway:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Hey, I'm a big fan of PRS SEs. I just wish the Customs had the same slightly contoured top of the Singlecuts, or I might grab one too. :yesway:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey, I'm a big fan of PRS SEs. I just wish the Customs had the same slightly contoured top of the Singlecuts, or I might grab one too. :yesway:
Yeah that's one thing I would have preferred, but I strapped it up and jammed on it for a while, looked at the manager (?) and went "sure, I'll take it"

1 - 20 of 37 Posts