Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, of all the guitars I've owned I've probably missed my old RG1077XL the most. This thing is dope as fuck! And I don't use the term "dope" unless I am truly impressed! :lol:
Was extremely happy when I heard they were "re-issuing" it. Sure, the name is confusing and it's missing the middle pickup(never use one anyway lol) but god damn I am a happy camper.

And sure, I could have probably found an old 1077XL or 2077XL but I'm really digging all this titanium truss rods and supports they are doing.

You can look up all the specs for yourself. I need to quit talking and go play this thing all night so I can show up late for work tomorrow. :metal:

And the case is HUGE! And it's fucking hideous on the inside. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Well I was on the fence about one of these but I think this thread has sealed the deal...

How do this pickups sound?

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
These look so much more awesome without the middle pickup. :agreed: I remember really wanting one of the originals when I was still into sevens, not sure if I'm making it up... but didn't the binding glow in the dark on the old ones? :lol:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
These look so much more awesome without the middle pickup. :agreed: I remember really wanting one of the originals when I was still into sevens, not sure if I'm making it up... but didn't the binding glow in the dark on the old ones? :lol:
That was on the very limited prototype models, the RG7680-LTD1. I very briefly got to test the purple version of that (before sending it to Stitch) - really cool guitar.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Looks so much better with no middle single coil. Glad they kept the XL headstock tag.

That is one beefy case!

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I was on the fence about one of these but I think this thread has sealed the deal...

How do this pickups sound?
I like them. Same as in my 3127. Kinda Blaze-ish. This one will be getting an EVO set, though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts