Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got this when i really shouldnt have but it was a bargain as it was a damaged box/display model that was also on end of line clearance which makes me think they're either changing the model or its going out of production.

The lighting sucks atm so theres just the two pics

These pickups are far far worse than i remember they were in my RGA42

these will be out within days i reckon...

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Yes. Blackouts. Those pickups ams teh terriblez. My suggestion would be blackouts and change the EQ switch to a killswitch.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
I played that last week at my local GC, was in the used section for 349 USD, damn near pulled the trigger on it but got a RG550 instead.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already have plans for the switch.

It will either be a killswitch as suggested
or it will be a 9/18v mod switch if i go the active route.

I do also have my emg preamp that i built that i could stick on the switch if i go passive so i can switch between the stock sound and the preamp

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Nice man! I'd probably own one of these if it had a reverse headstock... but that's just me :)

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If they aren't EMG-Hz, then what's wrong with them? :scratch:
HZ's would be a million times better than these

These are the muddiest,flubbiest and untoneful pieces of crap i've ever had the displeasure of using.

Theyre the ibanez LZ3 3v active pickups. Thinking about it they probably sound worse than the usual v8/v7 ibanez config

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
The V7/V8 pick-ups sound like the best parts of Lundgren and BKP rolled into one compared the these shitboxes of pick-ups. Hands down possibly the fucking WORST pick-up I have ever tried. Made the RGA8 practically unplayable from a tone point of view.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Ahhhhh yeah. I saw those in a guitar shop and was like "Wha...? What are these?" But I never actually played any of the guitars that used them, so I don't know how they sound. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts