Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FedEx just delivered her to my office so I only had a few minutes to play and look her over. After starting with a 28.625" Agile 8, then going for a 30" scale 8 from Agile I found that 30" scales are pretty tough to play comfortably, especially in a live setting and this seems like the perfect 180 from what I already have (no EMG's, shorter scale, different body and fingerboard woods).

My instant response when playing it is that the build quality seems to take a massive dump all over my two Agile Intrepids. I really can't wait to plug this in!

I just snapped this pic as I opened the (fucking awesome) case that it arrived in:

Some quality pics that the guys at Sweetwater took before they shipped it:

Clip: https://soundcloud.com/jm2484%2Fibanez-tam10

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I'm really impressed with how soon after NAMM these were made available! They must have wrapped up work on the prototypes months ago to get them manufactured and into the distribution channel so fast.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Cool to see the bass string ferrule on the back. Also I swear their inspections are like "yep this side has tape..." or maybe the guy that did mine can't intonate his way out of a paper bag.

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
What's the toggle switch for? Sweet looking ride man.:metal:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I think it's really cool that they didn't mess with the electronics in the guitar. Usually that would be the first thing they would downgrade.

Looks solid - great score!

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Holy shit that sounds huge fucken awesome.

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
it does sound nice. what do you think about the ionizer pu's? I'm trying to get more info about them, because I'm considering them for my rg8.

·
Big Brother
587 Posts
My instant response when playing it is that the build quality seems to take a massive dump all over my two Agile Intrepids. I really can't wait to plug this in!
As a former Intrepid Pro 828 owner, which I thought was built pretty nicely, this is a big compliment. Very nice- Congrats!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts