Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I've been really wanting a guitar with a fixed bridge that wasn't a fucking RG as I have far too many RG's with locking trems, I'd been toying with the idea of a Les Paul but I've just not been able to find one that I liked enough to justify the price, the notable exception being a really rather nice gold top that I couldn't afford anyway :lol:.

But aside from Les Pauls I've had my eye on getting an Iceman, since it has a fixed bridge and certainly isn't a bloody RG! I was waiting till the new shipment of Ibby ICT700's rolled up in the UK so I could grab one, but this this beauty came up in the same city as me:

Might take some more pictures tomorrow, if the weather is okay.

I forgot how fun it is to be able to change tunings on a whim and as an added bonus it came with locking tuners :yesway: it plays a lot better than the majority of Les Paul's I'd been looking at.

Only thing that needed doing to it was a new set of strings (read: heavier strings), though I see new pickups in this things future and I'm thinking Duncans, any advice would be great as I'm a Dimarzio guy normally and am clueless on what sounds good from SD. :p

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I assume with the 6505+ your a high gain guy? S/D Distortions are my go to. Nice guitar - classic looking love that head stock too.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
I assume with the 6505+ your a high gain guy?
Take it you didn't notice the Engl below it? :lol:

Awesome score dude, I've been pondering the fuck out of an Iceman for years, one thing I'd love to own, but not drop cash on :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Take it you didn't notice the Engl below it? :lol:
No, since it was obvious only there to have something to set the 5150 on. :yesway:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sick, if only those came in 7 string flavor.

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers guys, the Duncan Distortion was one of the ones I was looking at as well as a 59 in the neck, someone also suggested a JB to me, any thoughts?

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Is it mahogany?

You pretty much can't go wrong with a JB in mahogany. I believe a Distortion is basically a ceramic JB, it's certainly similar with tighter bass and more grunt.

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Cool! I used to have one fo those back in the 80's.
Nice guitars! congrats on finding one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts