Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D

So I enter this small guitar shop right next to the big one I go to occasionally…
Just out of curiosity. I think I went there once, 10 years ago.

Something draws my attention right away on the wall... What?!? A reverse-headstock maple-fretboard Ibanez? WTF?!?

Could not believe it. These are not even available in America as they're just a european limited edition model. Find out it's a demo. It doesn't have the Dimarzio pickups it usually comes with... Needless to say I got it for a good price. My first "new" guitar from a local store / not on the internet in 4 years. :lol:

I love the way the good old 565 looks and I've always wanted Ibanez to come up with a reverse-headstock + maple fretboard + H+S pickups config since the end of the rg565. Old 565 are the shit, but they're so rare... And I only really like the red one compared to the green or blue one.

- The Wizard II neck on it is not the same wizard II that can be found on recent models. It's definitely rounder and C-shaped than D-Shaped and it doesn't have the freaking "square-ish" shoulders. Really like the profile, although it's not as thin as the original 565's necks.

- Edge III doesn't get much love, but i'm not a trem abuser... If I keep this one around long enough, I will switch it for a black OFR fo sure.

- Frets ends are bad. Really. I need to get them polished. I'll probably do that at the same time I'll change the pickups. Problem is I just put a set of Elixirs on it. :lol:

Pics! (Iphone... Will try better ones when I get some time)

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Well done sir! That brings you up to two awesome H/S guitars.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Yup, I'd have walked out with it too. :yesway:

You WILL end up throwing the Edge III in the trash. :\

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Candy apple goodness!

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
:yesway: That looks sweet.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)metal:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Wow, nice! I didn't relize they did the matching dots on these as well. Such a cool feature, an it really makes the guitar.

Now all it needs is some red pickups! :D

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Yeah, Cell phone pics of that guitar just made me soil myself......And I don't feel a bit bad for it. Some glossy's would be nice of it so I can dirty another pair...Porfavor.

Wicked score man....I would seriously hand over my JPMM for that any day of the week and thrice on Sunday.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Replace the Edge III with an original edge, and you've got a 565 (essentially). I've been considering doing that to one of these:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
^ Except the necks on those 350s are the shitty square Wizard IIs :(

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
That may be true, but I am no stranger to taking sandpaper to necks to make them feel better :agreed:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Better get your fretfiles ready too, then.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts