Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Guitarded
Rig: Marshall DSL20
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New additions to the family. Finally got a replacement body for the old ibanez RG350EX along with a black pickguard and white pups(JB bridge and cheapo unbranded other positions). Got the JS32T Kelly a month ago or so. Its become my go-to. Just got the Hagstrom Fantoman in White along with the Orange Crush C35RT today! The Orange and Hagstrom are anniversary gifts for my wife who loves Ghost. The Fantoman is a man's guitar. Large, heavy and beefy. I really dig the fancy shaped tuners and knobs.

I remember when i first joined the forum i didn't even own a guitar yet. Now i have enough for a couch shot lol

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Nice, over the years I have also "held on to" gear for people.. its the best way to have cool guitars and not pay for them. My friend Carlos has made friends with Shawn Lanes family over the years and he's talking about buying a Viguir Shawn Lane and I can hang on to it.. like yeahhh bring it on lol.

·
Turd Furguson
1,847 Posts
I have the same Fantomen. It’s a really good guitar and yes it is huge. The case is MASSIVE!

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I love that that Soloist is so eye searingly bright that it’s reflecting onto the couch.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
I remember when i first joined the forum i didn't even own a guitar yet. Now i have enough for a couch shot lol
If you're trying to build some savings, this is a bad place to do it ;) Nice collection!

·
Guitarded
Rig: Marshall DSL20
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all the love everyone! yeah, I ended up picking up the SD pegasus for the orange soloist. it still sounds really muddy so I'm wondering if its like the pots or something else. maybe jackson loaded pots that are only 250k because of the hot rails. i have no idea how to check any of this stuff so I'm probably just going to order some 500k pots or something. I'd take it to a tech but i don't want to pay out the ass for labor. its still a fun guitar to play, I just have to cut a shitload of the bass to get a decent tone.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you have a cabinet, you can mod it to use your cab.

I did it on my small Orange Crush, and the difference through the small speaker and a cab is amazing. Only costs $5 for the part.

NYS2122 - REAN Connectors
http://www.rean-connectors.com/zoolu-website/media/download/5830/REAN+Product+Guide

Here is a post I did after doing the mod: Orange Crush 10 mod | Rob Chapman Forum

Here is a quick sound sample of the 2 with my iPhone: https://soundcloud.com/lespauledspresets%2Forange-crush-10-mod-sound-comparison

1 - 12 of 12 Posts