Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up a few months ago but it needed some fret work and I hated the hardware color and the pickups so I have been slowly putting it back together.

This prototype has taped off binding that didnt make it to the production models but is otherwise identical.

It also happens to have one of the most insane quilt/flame tops I have ever seen.

I swapped the hardware from black to satin chrome.

The pickups are an AT-1 in the bridge and an Air Norton in the neck.

On to the pics:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
:yesway::metal:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Fucking shit dude, we're gonna have to take that for a ride.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:drool:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wow, that is beautiful! Excellent choice on the hardware colour.

The scraped binding makes it look way more classy. Is that also missing the treble cutaway bevel? That's one feature I find of questionable value, and really spoils the clean lines of the body.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, that is beautiful! Excellent choice on the hardware colour.

The scraped binding makes it look way more classy. Is that also missing the treble cutaway bevel? That's one feature I find of questionable value, and really spoils the clean lines of the body.
No its still here the "binding" is just scrapped to match it and hides it pretty well.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Aha... now that i'm on a bigger screen i see it. Very subtle, and the binding does hide it nicely. Those routes are really nice and tight. Sweet guitar!

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Aha... now that i'm on a bigger screen i see it. Very subtle, and the binding does hide it nicely. Those routes are really nice and tight. Sweet guitar!
Yeah I had to bend the covers to get them to fit and i have to wiggle them to adjust the height :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts