Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I got myself a new guitar. A Jackson USA Juggernaut HT6 in the super rare and beautiful Matte Lambo Orange finish. But it didn't come without its issues!

I bought it used from a shop on reverb and it arrived last Monday with the top strap peg snapped off - good job DPD...

Naturally I was heartbroken but after a bit of googling and a lot of deliberation I decided that the guitar was too rare and too beautiful for me to send back and risk never finding one again. The orange juggernauts have been my dream guitar ever since I played Misha's personal one at a clinic in London a few years back.

So, long story short, I took it to a tech in London who fixed and colour matched it as best as he possibly could, and this is the result. An imperfect but still absolutely beautiful guitar that sounds incredible and plays like butter. Definitely the best guitar I've ever laid my hands on and I'm glad I decided to keep it.

Here's some pics! As you can see in the last two, the damage was pretty bad but he's done a good job of fixing it and I'm very happy with it.

2DAC0C7D-99DB-48B5-9CB5-D24344EFDFB3.jpeg kfeiVN8.jpg 7F465491-CC79-4589-8857-4D35A4EE6114.jpeg EB93F307-E09A-4A1E-A043-DFC7B038E25D.jpeg 27CA1C64-0B1F-4E16-B581-2276B0039E14.jpeg 580485A2-924E-4A7F-A3EA-30A3532A86D1.jpeg 68147880-22B7-40F3-8B6F-50F13550BFAC.jpeg

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Gorgeous color and that blows what happened to it.

Congrats however!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I assume shipping insurance helped cover of that?
Actually DPD aren't accepting responsibility, claiming it wasn't packaged properly. The seller packaged it exactly the way it was sent to him originally though so he's paying me back for the repair.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Actually DPD aren't accepting responsibility, claiming it wasn't packaged properly. The seller packaged it exactly the way it was sent to him originally though so he's paying me back for the repair.
Well that's good news.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Stunning color and too bad about the "disaster", but if its fixable thats what it matters.

Congrats :)

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Welcome to the boards. Bummer your Jackson got damaged, but looks like the repair job went well enough. Pretty sure my next upgrade is going to be a Juggernaut, but the 7 string variety. Any clips of how it sounds? What rig are you running it through?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the boards. Bummer your Jackson got damaged, but looks like the repair job went well enough. Pretty sure my next upgrade is going to be a Juggernaut, but the 7 string variety. Any clips of how it sounds? What rig are you running it through?
Thanks man, yeah it went well enough. It has a scar but it's stable and the top isn't damaged so that's all I can ask for!

I don't have a recording rig set up unfortunately, moved recently and it's all sitting in boxes waiting to be unpacked, but I'm running it through my little jamming rig of an orange amp with a overdrive in front and it sounds killer.

Once I've got some free time I'll probably do a little in-room video of the tones I get from it and might post it on here so keep your eyes peeled.

It really is a fantastic guitar, and it sounds great.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Good of the seller to do that, I'd imagine a lot of people would have fought you on that (though to me it seems the carrier was at fault unless he did a super shitty job packaging it - was it in a hard case?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good of the seller to do that, I'd imagine a lot of people would have fought you on that (though to me it seems the carrier was at fault unless he did a super shitty job packaging it - was it in a hard case?
Yeah hard case, bubble wrap all around the outside of it etc. He packaged it pretty much exactly the way it was packaged when he received it to begin with.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks good with the Rockerverb - like they belong together.
I know, right? Definitely wasn't planned.

I actually don't really like the Rockerverb all that much, it's not quite aggressive enough for me. But sticking an overdrive in front helps a lot, and it looks so good I'm not sure about swapping it out haha!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks man, yeah it went well enough. It has a scar but it's stable and the top isn't damaged so that's all I can ask for!

I don't have a recording rig set up unfortunately, moved recently and it's all sitting in boxes waiting to be unpacked, but I'm running it through my little jamming rig of an orange amp with a overdrive in front and it sounds killer.

Once I've got some free time I'll probably do a little in-room video of the tones I get from it and might post it on here so keep your eyes peeled.

Here's a very quick and rough video of me jamming some old riffs I wrote a few years back. Not the best video but you can hear how meaty it sounds

http://instagr.am/p/Bw1vYs5gil_%2F/

·
Read Only
1 Posts
I know, right? Definitely wasn't planned.

I actually don't really like the Rockerverb all that much, it's not quite aggressive enough for me. But sticking an overdrive in front helps a lot, and it looks so good I'm not sure about swapping it out haha!
Yeah I have Brent Hinds Terror and it could use just a bit more oomph. Definitely needs a boost for metal. a 10 band EQ helps a lot also.

I'm just using an Eno TS clone for a boost and it works pretty well. May get something with a bit more grit like the Precision Drive / Nano Attack or Savage drive. I am kind of interested in trying out an OCD with it as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah it was packaged in a hardcase exactly as it would've been brand new, bit of a freak break to be honest but a couple of months down the line and it's holding up perfectly.

Still in love with the thing!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I have a recording setup now - here she is https://soundcloud.com/prisonersuk%2Fsnbrn-20

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks dude

Drums are straight out of the box with no processing at all, I didn't even alter the levels, so yeah they might be a little overwhelming! I need to do a bit of tweaking for sure.

Glad you like the song

1 - 20 of 20 Posts