Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:noodles:

Before I begin, let me just give a HUGE shout-out to Guitar Stable on eBay for being fucking fantastic with there service. Seriously, top notch group of people. At first I was horrified because they didn't use Paypal and I had absolutely zero clue how to pay for it, but then I saw the little bit about invoicing me and I just pay with my card and voila; this one was paid for and no additional PP fees to boot :flex: Paid for within the hour and shipped to me within two.

Anywho, two weeks ago on August 4th, I had to go to an open house in Boston and there also HAPPENED to be a certain guitar (Ibanez S5470) I had lusted after back when I was a poor, shitty guitarist. Now I'm just a poor, mediocre guitarist, so I said why not and checked it out beforehand. Needless to say I was ecstatic with it at first, but after a few days I just couldn't sit right with the trem so I returned it and went on the hunt again a week later.

Almost bought this guitar, then that guitar and was flip-flopping so hard you'd think I was a politician. Finally after playing a dozen guitars on tax-free weekend this one popped back in my head and I thought, "Yup, that's it." and then I ordered it. Now here it is and god damn.

Ze box I've waited three days for hath arrived

"Weapon" needed to open said box

It's got legitimate Duncans

It's got Shark-Eyes

It's a Jackson SLS3!

Probably the most kick-ass headstock :metal:

Binding is top notch too

It's so light!

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

Because I knew the caliber of this guitar, one I had sold a Parker and am still trying to sell my Apex to cover the difference of, it required something special for when it requires a set-up. So what did I do?

I went to Amazon and added a new item to my wish-list, until I remember something: wish-lists are for A. Girl, B. Six year olds and C. Six year old girls :fawk: Next time this thing needs a string change and some fingerboard lovin', this one is at the ready.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Dibs!

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Fucking ace. :metal:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sexy guitar is sexy. Why doesn't Jackson make cool guitars like this anymore?
I have NO idea, which is a shame because this one slays and I imagine 99% of them are on par with this one. Luckily, this was one of the TWO white SLS3's on eBay and I snagged it for just over $1K and it's new. The other one was still selling for $1300

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Jeff said:
Sexy guitar is sexy. Why doesn't Jackson make cool guitars like this anymore?
It doesn't appeal to their customer base, so it never did very well. Unfortunate, since it was capable of attracting customers who wouldn't consider your typical Jackson shredder axe look.

In the case of this model, though, I think it was the Japanese factory closing down that killed it. A lot of cool guitars in the upper midrange line died last year. :(

·
Banned
21,673 Posts

It doesn't appeal to their customer base, so it never did very well. Unfortunate, since it was capable of attracting customers who wouldn't consider your typical Jackson shredder axe look.

In the case of this model, though, I think it was the Japanese factory closing down that killed it. A lot of cool guitars in the upper midrange line died last year. :(
That's a shame, because that's a guitar I'd actually play, as opposed to the cheap ugly shit they make now.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

And that is the problem. Of course, you can get this in the USA line, but you're far more likely to buy a $1100 Japanese guitar than a USA for over two grand.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
This IS noodles approved. :metal:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts

And that is the problem. Of course, you can get this in the USA line, but you're far more likely to buy a $1100 Japanese guitar than a USA for over two grand.
Prolly. Though it doesn't look like they even make anything like this at all anymore, even in the US line.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, and all I've seen for SL2HT's has been black with shark-fin inlays and for $2300 isn't very "wowing." Would SOME color kill you Jackson?

(Apparently yes since these white SLS3s didnt sell too well :lol:)

If I needed a new "strictly metal" guitar, I'd pick up either another SLS3 in black since I find them more aesthetically pleasing than the SLSMG and about $100 more

1 - 20 of 24 Posts