Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow! Bought this second hand. Had my eye on it for a while. It plays so well, quality is amazing and for some reason its a very inspiring guitar for me to play. This is also the best sounding 27" guitar Ive ever played. The D Activators sound amazing in this guitar. I am blown away!

Here's a rough rhythm clip I just whipped up super quick: http://snd.sc/PssVLb

Specs:
27"
Maple neck thru
Mahogany wings
Ebony fretboard
Dimarzio D Activator 7s
OFR trem w tremel-no

Pics:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Fuck yeah :metal:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Very nice :metal: Is it one of Cancer's? I know he had one that colour. Makes me badly miss my two :(

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Gorgeous guitar, but honestly that is the most generic sounding djent clips I've heard in a while. :\

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys. This has easily become one of my favorites of all time. I just cant get enough of it.

Very nice :metal: Is it one of Cancer's? I know he had one that colour. Makes me badly miss my two :(
Yeah this is the one he made that video for and sold immediately upon receiving. It had D Activators and a Tremel-no installed. :yesway:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thanks guys. This has easily become one of my favorites of all time. I just cant get enough of it.

Yeah this is the one he made that video for and sold immediately upon receiving. It had D Activators and a Tremel-no installed. :yesway:
Cool, good to see it finally made it to a good home. Glad you swapped out the Blackouts too, normally I like those pups, but for some reason they didn't play too well with that guitar. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Gorgeous guitar, but honestly that is the most generic sounding djent clips I've heard in a while. :\
:agreed:

Could you dial the tone back in, so we can hear how those pickups/woods sound?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone! The guitar is nothing short of incredible!

:agreed:

Could you dial the tone back in, so we can hear how those pickups/woods sound?
Yeah but what do you want to hear?

This is actually my very first attempt ever at tracking stuff without a band. I had help with the drum programming from a friend as I am still learning. There is no post EQ, no mixing, no reamping, non of that on this clip. Its just one single track and the amp is just dialed in at gain 11oclock, bass 11oclock, mids 1oclock, treble at noon and going into a Mesa 2x12 with a SM57. There is a Keeley Compressor pedal, TS808 pedal and ISP Decimator pedal in front of the amp. Nothing in the loop and no EQ anywhere other than the mentioned amp settings. Even the TS808 is set with gain at 0, tone at noon and level at only 1oclock. These are my standard setting no matter what guitar or pickups I use. What your hearing is actually quite raw in nature.

Also, I haven't bothered even trying to learn a single song from a single band since learning Metallica licks back in the early 90's. I also haven't really ever tried to dial in a certain tone to sound like any band. I completely do my own thing. I didn't write this trying to be a certain way or trying to sound like a certain band. Its just a few riffs I wrote about a year or so ago and decided to track recently. I am assembling my riffs for an album though. I cant wait to track all the rhythms so that I can move on to the lead stuff. :metal:

Edit: I do, however, always appreciate any and all advice on any clip I post. I will definitely try and do some clean stuff and leads for you guys to hear

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted (like MAGIC!)

There's a weird high-frequency "gnash" in the tone, which I can only assume is from the D-activators.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts