Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice box.

Nice bubblewrap.

Nice case.

:eek:

Stunning. :agreed:

James was fantastic to deal with. He shipped the guitar ASAP (tuesday) and it was delivered to my door just after 8 am today (monday). I've heard a lot of horror stories about Parcel Arse, so I was a bit nervous, but the guitar got here really fast and in perfect shape. It was still in tune, actually.

The guitar is flawless. 27" scale, maple fretboard, maple neck, mahogany body wings, stained black (the mahogany has a very deep, chocolate-y colour :yum:). Bare Knuckle ceramic Warpig bridge/Nailbomb (probably Alnico) neck pickups. And it smells nice. :agreed:

The fretwork is perfect and the neck is insanely comfortable. Very, very thin, but it doesn't fatigue my hand at all. Much nicer for chording (and everything else, really!) than my 1527. The heel (if you can call it that) is ridiculous. The recessed TOM feels great.

It sounds great through the Axe-Fx, though I've only played it through my Ibanez patches. The Warpig is insanely hot, I actually had to bring down the input level on the Axe because it was flashing the red light so much. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the Warpig or go with a lower output pickup. It sounds brutal, though.

And since the pound is so weak right now, the guitar with shipping cost less than a brand new Hellraiser or 1527!

Thank you, James! :james: I couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Bitchin'

Gotta love the extended scale too.
The 27" scale is fantastic! The feel isn't that far from a 25,5" scale and it just makes it feel and sound much more solid. I had no trouble getting used to it, I guess it helps that I also play bass.

Kick ass dude. I'm eagerly awaiting my KxK's.
Thanks. It's an incredible guitar. :agreed:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I went from 24.75 to 26.5 and it really wasnt much of a challenge - 2 days and i knew my way around fairly well :yesway:

I like that the neck-thru doesnt jump out at you like on some of the other ones - it looks more subdued.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Congratulations! That guitar is indeed a real beauty to play.:)

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Welcome to the club. :metal:

I'd put the foam (in the fourth pic) back on the headstock, though. In my experience, reverse headstock guitars tend to ring sympathetically, which can be really annoying under high gain. It can get pretty annoying, but a simple piece of foam makes it all go away.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the club. :metal:

I'd put the foam (in the fourth pic) back on the headstock, though. In my experience, reverse headstock guitars tend to ring sympathetically, which can be really annoying under high gain. It can get pretty annoying, but a simple piece of foam makes it all go away.
I already did. I had just changed the strings before I took the pic. The low B still rings a bit, though. I guess I'll have to cut a slightly thicker piece of foam.

·
sex. murder. art.
522 Posts
It's a great guitar, but I know you won't keep it... it's doomed to be eternally traded between SS.org/MG.org members :p:

I agree with your review though, it is a great instrument - it didn't stack up to my Blackmachine, however, so that's why I sold it in the first place... I hope it suits you better!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's a great guitar, but I know you won't keep it... it's doomed to be eternally traded between SS.org/MG.org members :p:

I agree with your review though, it is a great instrument - it didn't stack up to my Blackmachine, however, so that's why I sold it in the first place... I hope it suits you better!
Although I've only had it for 12 hours, it certainly feels like a keeper. I might change the bridge pickup, but that's it.

·
MG.org-er
2,137 Posts
Eh... it's a cool pickup, but it's just too over the top for me. :shrug:
Fair play, man. Have you any idea what you'll replace it with? I highly recommend the rest of the Bare Knuckle range, if you can swing the price - I don't know what it's like in Scandanavia.

You should be able to sell the Pig for a pretty good amount, too. I reckon someone on SS.org or here would take it off your hands.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought I might take the Nailbomb from my Ibanez and try it in this one. If I like it I might get a Cold Sweat for the Ibby. If not, I'll try something else. Since the pound is so weak, BK's can be had a fair bit cheaper than when I bought my last set.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
:lol: at the "firewood" tag.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts