Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is my beloved Ibanez Prestige RGA121 VLF in all of it's glory. It's my baby and my first real legitimate guitar. I worked for a whole year saving up and finally bought it in September of 2009 when I was 16. So far I've replaced:
-Stock Gotoh tuners with black Sperzels :yesway:
-Stock shit Ibanez pickups with a JB/Jazz set :yesway:
-Strap pins with Dunlop strap locks :yesway:
-5 way switch to a 3 way with two coil splitting mini switches :yesway:

On to pics :scream: :scream: :scream:

:metal:

I love this setting, split bridge/hum neck. You get the fat top end associated with a hum neck and the spanky sound of a single coil bridge

crazy flamed maple!

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is my baby! I had help with all of the work. There is a local guy that has been doing this for 40+ years that I asked to show me how to do this stuff. I absolutely love working on the guitar as much as I enjoy playing it.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice, I wouldn't mind owning one of these in this color or natural.
They're hard to find without some buckle rash or marks on the top, but they are well worth it if you can find one for around $500-$600 dollars. They're sweet for modding and sometimes the natural finish tops can have some birdseye figuring to them.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow... nice flame on the neck! I wish they'd do this Gibraltar bridge in a seven... it looks so solid and comfortable.
QFT. I really like the Gibraltar because you don't have to worry about matching the arc of the board because the bridge is already arched! I'd love a seven of this, but I think that it would be hard to piezo mod it, which I want to do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts