Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this in recently as I was having gas for a guitar that had passives stock, OFR, neck through and maple fretboard. Seeing that Jackson isn't putting out any USA SL2H-7s out in production soon (and that the CS takes ~18-24mo) I've been recently visiting the ESP line up.

This guitar sounds pretty good with the CL/LF but I think I'll be swapping them out for something more to my tastes. The neck is nice and beefy but still very shredible. It shares the neck profile with the NT7/FR7 and thus I find it to be a great especially since it's raw.

Here are some pics for those who are interested. I found this guitar to be the best looking/spec'd out of the latest LTD signatures out there. I was || close to getting the Buz but I didn't want the headache of doing an active to passive conversion since I've just done too many of those on my Jacksons :lol:

So while it doesn't come close to the Jacksons it's a good testing bed for a future Jackson CS with a maple board and passive BKPs without the massive fucking headache now of swapping actives for passives.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know how you could go from custom shop Jackson quality to a freaking LTD.
Who says I've gone anywhere? I still have my Jacksons but this guitar intrigued me enough to buy it. I want to try a relatively cheap guitar that was neck through and maple boarded before I put down the change for a Jackson.

It's just the fact that the Jackson CS wait is like 4 yrs or whatever the fuck it keeps increasing too :)lol:) and I can't wait that long anymore.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Great-looking guitar. Is it just my imagination, or did they make the cockstock a little more... chubby?

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Great-looking guitar. Is it just my imagination, or did they make the cockstock a little more... chubby?
Looks like it since the "LTD" part actually fits on the damn headstock unlike the previous ones were they designed it then kind of threw it on there and said, "Yeah that looks ...good?"

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Looks sick. Is it made in China or Korea?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts