Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
What's the difference between the 360 and the 400? The 400 has a mahogany neck, right?
I had a 400 for a while and loved it, I just owned it during my 7-string-only days, so i had a pretty revolving-door of 6s, and it went pretty quickly. I sure would like one back now.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
What's the difference between the 360 and the 400? The 400 has a mahogany neck, right?
I had a 400 for a while and loved it, I just owned it during my 7-string-only days, so i had a pretty revolving-door of 6s, and it went pretty quickly. I sure would like one back now.

·
's all in the wrist
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The cat was passing through while I was taking pictures and then he sat in front of the guitar looking at me like "You better take care of this thing or I'll fuckin' claw you to death!" :lol:

The neck is fast and feels pretty smooth but I think it could be slightly faster without the paint. It makes me wonder how the FX-360's neck feels like.

Balance is near perfect. There's a very slight shift towards the neck, but it's barely noticeable when playing so it doesn't bother me at all. I always play sitting down because of a bad foot so I can't comment how it feels standing up.

I don't think there's a difference between the 400 and the 360. They're essentially the same guitar, the 400 being the 2009 model and the 360 the 2010 model. The 400 has been discontinued from what I've seen so if anyone was looking for one, they'd have to opt for the 360.

I gotta say I'm extremely happy with it. Like I said I've been longing for an explorer for a while now and it's everything I was hoping it to be and then some. It feels very comfortable and playing it is a breeze. I love the EMGs and the sound I can get out of it. It really feels like a "me" kind of guitar and I is very pleased to own it. Now... just a few weeks left before the rest of the goodies arrive :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.