Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this in today. It is a Pete Malinoski Rodeo. I really like these fancy furniture wood guitars, so this one was a no brainer for me. Its a spalted maple top, flame maple neck, spanish cedar back, and pau ferro fretboard. Really pretty, I think. It has 3 of his own pickups, which sound great, but unfortunately squeal like a pig. It does have a piezo in, and he mentioned that could make things go crazy, so I haven't decided whether it is that, or they need a potting. They sound really good, is the problem. The piezo is his own design, and is passive. It sounds really good, I was very skeptical of that.

He also described the neck as a medium c. It is some sort of mish-mash between a C and a V profile, which is actually quite comfortable. Anyway, it has a few issues, namely the electronics noise, but that is fixable. The guitar itself doesn't have any playability problems, or anything worrying. This is my first time taking a chance on a "TPG Darling" guitar, and I'm glad my chance wasn't a total waste of the money :lol:

·
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We're bros, bro, but what the fuck? :lol:
:lol: I knew I'd get so much crap for it. I've got sooo many of the same guitar, I wanted to try something out of the box. And...well... this fits that!

·
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also dammit I've been posting here 8 years and I put it in the wrong forum :lol:

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Hmm... I'd want to know how it plays. But it's interesting.

All except for the plugs...

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Out of interest, are the neck dowels hickory?

I mean, that method of holding a neck on screams "High School Woodshop Project", but hickory is a tremendously strong wood against shearing, hence it's use in axe/hammer handles and baseball bats.

·
I don't like it.
11,070 Posts

I mean, that method of holding a neck on screams "High School Woodshop Project", but hickory is a tremendously strong wood against shearing, hence it's use in axe/hammer handles and baseball bats.
They look like oak to me.

·
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mg.org

Where everyone will shit all over your new guitar purchase.

FWIW I'm nominating it for GOTM.
I knew it was coming, its okay :lol:

I thought they looked like oak, too. It is strong as hell, I don't feel it flexing or anything, so I'm not worried about the longevity of it; but definitely an interesting way to secure the neck.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts