Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
President Bacon Bits
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing ebay for sometime and watching the listing and relisting careful, I finally snagged me a 1999 Schecter A-7+. This actually turned out to be my first floyd equipped guitar, so trying to change strings and watch football earlier was an adventure but everything is setup now and working well. The neck on this thing feels awesome. Very little wear on this guitar for the priced I snagged it for.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Always loved the styling and body shape on these. I always wanted them to expand the range of 7's with these things, in terms of colours and hardware etc.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hows the neck on those if you're used to the typical ibby necks? Massive like the hellraisers?

I see the odd A series popping up now & then and i've always been tempted to jump it :lol:

·
President Bacon Bits
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hows the neck on those if you're used to the typical ibby necks? Massive like the hellraisers?

I see the odd A series popping up now & then and i've always been tempted to jump it :lol:
It's actually not to bad coming from Ibanez necks. It's more of a C shape than a D, but it's not as thick as a Hellraiser. Probably not as flat as an Ibanez, but it's still comfortable. It doesn't have the prevalent shoulders some Ibby's have.

·
President Bacon Bits
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only thing I don't like about this guitar is how noisy the springs are. :lol: Some pipe insulation took care of that though.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Look, I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I was surprised to see so much interst in this guitar. I have the same guitar, but hard tail. Is the Floyd rose much more valuable on these guitars? I bought mine new right when they came out. I was thinking of selling it.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
god damn i love these guitars. i totally want to get one on the cheap and just try my best at refinishing it and making it a killer axe!

Look, I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I was surprised to see so much interst in this guitar. I have the same guitar, but hard tail. Is the Floyd rose much more valuable on these guitars? I bought mine new right when they came out. I was thinking of selling it.
pretty much the same as every schecter model with FR vs. fixed bridge.

·
President Bacon Bits
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If it's just the regular A-7 then it's about a $50 difference retail. I've rarely seen just the regular A-7's sale above the $300 mark. Now if it's the A-7 Elite, you might be able to get more.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts