Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) T-Mobile_Cleopatra)

Well I bought this under the impression that the only problems were a few dings and maybe a setup. Unfortunately it needs quite a but of work. I got it for fairly cheap and was contemplating modding the hell out of it anyway. Ill take pics when I get home from work. It is a BC Rich Warlock 7 with inline pointy headstock! :D The nut was replaced with what looks like a graphtech but but unfortunately it is out on horribly with an outrageous amount of glue including a little on the neck and the string spacing is horribly wrong. It has a but of fret buzz as well. Im thinking hard about adding a Kahler hybrid while im at it and new paint and remove the neck pickup as well. However it all depends on tax money at this point since I am getting a body for a parts caster from courtney2018 Anyway I will post some pics later today. The neck is quite awesome despite all the problems.

Ok! Finally pictures...and an actual keyboard that is not attached to a cellphone. :metal:

It is the P7 series, which I think was the first version of the import BC Rich 7 strings, and I quite like the 7 inline headstock on this one. Though I must say I am a big fan of the Beast headstock and of course my complete favorite would be the reversed BCR headstock, its still pretty awesome.

Oh! And I also got This! :metal:

And of course...

Hmmmm.........

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hot pink Warlock. Nao, PLZKKTHX. :metal:
If it had an awesome maple top or wood grain I would say Yes. I can do transparent Pink (refer to Agile V), But I can't do solid pink. I kinda like the gunmetal color minus all the dings. (If I can afford it) after the kahler install and all the mods to make it a great player I plan on either getting it refinished in a "Gunmetal Burst" or Gunmetal with black bevels...But you never know, theres part of me that would also like a pale lime green with black bevels as well........or Crackle!

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

eelblack2 said:
Hot pink Warlock. Nao, PLZKKTHX. :metal:
Lee!
How's thangs?

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Graphtech Tusq XL nut is on its way :agreed:

Also...does anyone know if Lundgren pickups ever had a black base plate? Comparing to their site's picture of the M7 these pickups look almost identical accept the base is black (same tabs, same base shape) and the 4 holes in the bobbins are in different locations, instead of being inbetween the 2nd and 3rd slugs on both sides, the holes are between the 1st and 2 slugs). and they really sound killer. I've being doing some outrageous pinch harmonics on it.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Take them out and check the undersides, and check the colour codes. That'll tell us, Lundgren's are a bit special.

Entirely possible, however, that being a first run import 7 from BC Rich they used cheap fibre bobbins since no one porduced them at the time and overwound them to hell and back as BC Rich are wont to do with their import stuff - hot-as-all-hell-muddiness-be-damned humbuckers.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Take them out and check the undersides, and check the colour codes. That'll tell us, Lundgren's are a bit special.

Entirely possible, however, that being a first run import 7 from BC Rich they used cheap fibre bobbins since no one porduced them at the time and overwound them to hell and back as BC Rich are wont to do with their import stuff - hot-as-all-hell-muddiness-be-damned humbuckers.
These are definitely not stock. I used to be a BC Rich nut, and know a little bit about them. Even the first run of the P7s had glossy bobbins with the BC Rich logo on them. They called these pickups the "BDSM" and they were not bad at all for stock pickups. However, this does not have a glossy bobbin nor bc rich logo.

I checked the bottom, no logo or anything. The lead wire (shielding) seems to be the same shade of grey, as is the lundgren on their website.... I am about to open up the control cavity now.

EDIT... I see a lot of grey, white, and black...and thats it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.