Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago, I bought a Luke 3 HH (https://www.metalguitarist.org/foru...cussion/100616-tell-youll-compromise-ngd.html) with rosewood neck. I loved the neck, trem, sounds, size, and versatility, but also wanted an HSS version. And, with distancing and extreme variations in workload driving me up the wall, I decided it was time to look for one.

When I found one with roasted maple neck and stainless frets, the fact that it had an interesting figured top was just icing.

The necks on these are just the best. Super narrow string spacing, reasonable depth with a noticeable "V" shape. Super comfy, and I definitely just pick it up to play on it unplugged for the feel alone.

Also sounds great. Can go from sparkly clean to saturated leads with the pickup selector, volume knob, and the push-push boost. Jammed with some family members yesterday and I could hit all the sounds from early Metallica to Offspring, Fountains of Wayne, Petty, Allmans, and Dire Straits straight into a Jet City JCA20 with the gain half up.

Finally, the EBMM trems are really, really nice. No locking nut and a full step pull-up and mild dive and it's still in tune.

If you want one of these, get one. The non-BFR ones are a steal used, and this one and my Luke III HH take up most of my playing time. Seriously. I'm not a fan of EBMM strings or the CEO, but they make a great fucking guitar.

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
High end/quality yet simple, I dig those. Is that lacewood top? Looks great. :yesway:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
High end/quality yet simple, I dig those. Is that lacewood top? Looks great. :yesway:
Leopardwood. I was torn between this one and one in a really pretty Firemist Purple, but honestly it was the maple board and neck that did it for me.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Love those guitars, and those necks indeed rip.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Oh hell yeah that's great looking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts