Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Honorary MG Djent Ambassador
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No one likes reading so I will make this quick.

Cool Stuff:

• Has PDN Mahogany Body with 2014 BFR Solar Mahogany Neck, making it a pure mahogany JP6
  • Has Stainless Frets. Back of neck was sanded down to make it super slick and make it fit the neck pocket easier
  • Sounds super tight. I trade my RW neck JP6 and another guitar for this one

Bad Stuff:

• Was supposed to come with CL/LF combo but came with no pickups. It had Blackhawks in it that were removed and CL/LF were supposed to be in case but wasnt. FEDEX LOST THE PICKUPS IN TRANSIT AND DENIED MY CLAIM.
  • I had a C-Nailbomb already on order for my RW neck JP6, took 2 months to come in but I put it in my PDN and it sounds awesome! Neck pickup is Dimarzio Evo. First time using the pickup and it sounds great.
  • Pick height is a bit starnge, but it works. Neck pickup is sorta high and bridge pickup is sorta low. Even though it is like that it still works.
  • I plan on staying out of the guitar buying and trading market for a while. Im finding it harder to trust people anymore.

Overall I love this guitar. I like the sound and feel of the neck better than my RW JP6.

·
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Congrats, but there's no way I would have traded the white one for that. :lol:
Coming from the person who said I should have ordered a blue PDN instead of the white RW? Whatever, I like this one better. I dont usually like white guitars nor do I like maple boards. The back of RW necks also feels strange.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
No, this deal had nothing to do with him and I wasnt screwed over in this deal. I dont know why people are thinking that.
You have been having some bad luck with the online trading lately Lucas, I feel bad for you about that. Dishonest people really suck.

The good thing is that guitar looks great man, I hope it eases some of the pain of past dealings.:yesway:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Blue PDN with maple > White with rosewood neck > This one

IMO, of course. Glad you dig it, man. :yesway:
This, but Shawn IS still a dickbag.

Also, that's a gorgeous guitar, and one IMO that will look even better once it gets a few dings and chips in the finish. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
There is NO other super-strat I've ever been so envious of...

·
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This, but Shawn IS still a dickbag.

Also, that's a gorgeous guitar, and one IMO that will look even better once it gets a few dings and chips in the finish. Congrats!
I dont know If I can let my baby get messed up like that!

:yesway:THAT neck is what I'm about.
I really like the neck on this one. It is super smooth.

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
Beautiful axe but wtf is "solar mahogany"? Never heard of it. :scratch:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts