Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just swapped my Tokai Strat (the one with the obnoxious pickguard) + some cash for this one - a PRS CE22 . :cool:

DSC_0272 (2).JPG DSC_0273.JPG DSC_0275.JPG DSC_0277.JPG DSC_0280.JPG

Mahogany body with tobacco sunburst or something finish .
Bolt on maple neck with rosewood fretboard. Wide-fat neck profile, which I was a bit apprehensive about - but it's really not THAT thick.
JS Moore pickups (never heard of the manufacturer, but they sound good)
Stoptail bridge - long time since I had a guitar without any kind of tremolo. I could get used to this.

I guess it's a bit more subtle than most PRS-guitars with their fancy tops and bird inlays. It sounds good though and feels like a really well made instrument. :metal:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Understated PRS is the better PRS, nice guitar. :yesway:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
I ignored this brand for years, judging them by their gaudy high end models, thinking they were just a cork sniffer's brand for people who are more collectors than players. But having owned several SE models, and especially since buying another recently, it's made me pay more attention to them when in guitar shops and I've recently tried a few out, right across the range. They really are fucking awesome. The attention to detail and the passion that goes into making them really comes across, and they're always toneful as hell. Needless to say I agree with Flex here, their best stuff by far is the understated stuff. Real workhorse guitars that do what they say on the tin. Nice score, dude.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I like how understated that is. :yesway:

I've always derrided PRS guitars as just wall art for lawyers, but there's no denying mine is a very well made, great sounding instrument.

It's also not lost on me that since I bought it specifically to record rhythm guitar parts, it's basically wall art for me. :lol:

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Nice :yesway: I still would like one of their bolt-ons with the maple necks, the old swamp ash special guitars were really good. The new limited BTBAM model is neat but ehh.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I like how understated that is. :yesway:

I've always derrided PRS guitars as just wall art for lawyers, but there's no denying mine is a very well made, great sounding instrument.

It's also not lost on me that since I bought it specifically to record rhythm guitar parts, it's basically wall art for me. :lol:
Wall art for financial analysts?

It is ironic that I don't own anything from PRS :lol:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.

Are these more understated versions then wall art for food scientists? ;)

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Haha I had same initial reaction, but I had already shit on Matt's PRS thread.....I decided to be positive :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
The bolt-ons are absolutely the best sounding guitars PRS makes IMHO. I've been blown away every time I've picked one up.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I guess it's a bit more subtle than most PRS-guitars with their fancy tops and bird inlays. It sounds good though and feels like a really well made instrument. :metal:
Congrats! It's also very hard to find a CE22 with a wraptail bridge. I almost had one in trade for my upgraded LP studio (we had agreed on time etc) and the seller's brother bought it out from under me the day before. I get that so I wasn't as upset as I otherwise would have been.

Needless to say I agree with Flex here, their best stuff by far is the understated stuff. Real workhorse guitars that do what they say on the tin. Nice score, dude.
You need to try the S2's, specifically the satin models.

Fucking finally! Some one with a real PRS and not one of those cheap god damn SE's :lol:
As the guy who gigs his custom 22... :lol:

The bolt-ons are absolutely the best sounding guitars PRS makes IMHO. I've been blown away every time I've picked one up.
The bolt-ons are still the ones I haven't tried :lol:. I have a friend with a pre-factory CE24 if anyone's in the market...

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just noticed one slightly annoying thing: There seems to be a dead spot on the 13th fret on the G-string. Already tried changing the string and it didn't help. Is there anything that can be done or should I just accept it and move on?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts