Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got this one as a trade for my former Custom 24, which was great but I never got along with it and it didnt have the balls and the big sound that this one has.

I also like it better playability wise, though it looks really similar to my older custom 24, same finish, This one though has a curly maple top, looks to me like flame meets quilt, really cool (-:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Sweet PRS. I have to say, though, i'm not a huge fan of the Framus design... it's just a little too "gumby" for me.

I really wish PRS hadn't gone to zebra pickups as standard equipment.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I hate the zebra pickups too, will adding pickup covers really change the sound?

I really like how the PRS sounds, could use more output I'd say, my former custom 24 had this same output issue too, but aside of that - great sounding guitar, sounds really big, and sings really well on solos, it's just alot better than the custom 24, you cant see it on the pics but the cosmetic condition of the guitar isnt too good, the back is full of scratches and there a couple of small dings on the top, but the sound and feel of this guitar is just so much better to me than the custom 24, it sounds as big as my framus, not sure how it compares to a gibson.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.