Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

https://www.radialeng.com/product/headbone-vt

I picked this up today and it does exactly what it says on the label. :yesway:

The Headbone VT is a specially designed switching device that lets you toggle between two tube amplifier heads using a single speaker cabinet.
I have it connected to my 5150 and my Triaxis/2:90, and switching is instant. Both amps share my Recto 4x12 and the Two Notes Captor, so it has the added bonus of letting me use just one attenuator too. (And both amps can obviously use the Captor's DI. :metal:) It also uses a single input, so the fancy-schmancy Peterson strobe pedal tuner I have in front of it is also shared.

It's certainly the ugliest piece of hardware I have in my setup by a long shot, but other than the fact that it's fucking awful looking it really works well and wasn't too expensive. They're ~$250 new and I snagged this off of Reverb for $175.

:billted:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Love mine!

Note, you can't run any time-based effects in your amps fx loops with this. If you switch while a delay is still happening, the delayed signal could fry the load. It's only built to handle floor noise/hum.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aaah, that's a great tip, thanks!

I don't actually plan to use it to switch back and forth on the fly between the two amps, I only want it so that I don't have to swap cables around or buy any extra shit to use both amps. My gear nook is pretty well stuffed. :lol:

I'd have been cool if it just did the cab switching, the fact that it uses a single input is an extra bonus. You get all the stuff in front of the thing for both amps (ODs, gates, tuner, etc).

I'm really pumped about it. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I used the ext-switching jack (extra? external? lol) on my Roadking to do the remote switching, so I didn’t even have to add a switch to my old pedalboard :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That thing is awesome Chris! I've debated either this one or the Mesa one for awhile now too. For me right now, I just use 1 amp at a time.
I will probably end up getting the Mesa as well if I can score a good deal on one. I don't need the FXL switcher but it's always nice to have.

It's also, uh, just a little nicer to look at than this thing. :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used the ext-switching jack (extra? external? lol) on my Roadking to do the remote switching, so I didn’t even have to add a switch to my old pedalboard :lol:
Not sure what a Roadking is (amp?). If it's any kind of loop switcher, was wondering: Have you tried switching amps AND pedal configurations simultaneously ie: with the press of a single button? That's what I'd like to do, using the Boss ES-8 loop switcher to trigger amp changes through the Radial Headbone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts