Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it's a Fujigen made Heartfield (by Fender) Talon IV in Montego Black.

The pickups are getting switched out for my favorite DiMarzio combo of Air Norton/Tone Zone S/Tone Zone which will be white for this guitar. Just have to wait for it to arrive. :) More pics after I install the pickups.

Now we also wait for the shipment from Nate Perle so I can assemble three custom guitars!

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's got a black Floyd for the bridge. No headstock shots from the seller. Like I said, more pics after I install the new pups.

·
Banned
2,695 Posts
It is an OFR trem. That was from the period Fender wanted to get in on the pointy guitar trend, so they went to Fujigen. I remember when Fender pulled the plug, they sold off a ton of stock to Sam Ash. We had literally hundreds of them, per store in the early 90's. At one point, I had a Talon 1, 3R, 5, an Elan, and 6 string bass like Baily used to endorse. At the bulk buy + the employee discount, they were just too much to resist.

·
Banned
2,695 Posts
Now that I look at those pics, that looks like some sort of low profile trem. Strange, every Talon I ever saw had an OFR. /shrug

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Now that I look at those pics, that looks like some sort of low profile trem. Strange, every Talon I ever saw had an OFR. /shrug
Could be that the trem is just backed way off into the cavity. Who knows? :shrug:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
The 4 and 5 had the Floyd Rose Pro, which as Toshiro mentioned was a low profile Floyd. The 3 had an OFR, 3R was reversed headstock and no pickguard, and 2 and lower had shittier bridges and pickups.

I had the 5, which was the Pro, Dimarzios, and reversed headstock. Neck warped pretty quick, actually, and I was quite pissed. It was a beautiful guitar otherwise.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
I had a Talon II (in that same finish, actually) and an RG750 at the same time...both very cool guitars. The neck shape on the Talon is a bit rounder, frets are shorter, and the scale length is slightly shorter (25.1").

(FYI the poster behind the Talon belonged to my roommate in college...a bit of a health nut)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts