Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
's all in the wrist
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting for this day since late September this year. A week ago I finally got my Schecter Hellraiser C-7 and two days ago my Axe FX Ultra and Atomic amp and passive cab were dropped off at my door. :metal:

Let me start by saying that the Hellraiser is my first ever 7 string guitar. I haven't really played on a 7 string before, I think the total time played is less than 30 minutes so I can't really compare it to anything else. BUT!

This guitar is an amazing instrument. I fell in love with it the first 10 minutes I started playing it. There is nothing I dislike about it. It is very well balanced, the neck is not as thick as I expected it to be and I'm used to it already. The action is slightly higher than I would like but it's very very playable. I'm gonna set it up when I change the strings this weekend. I love the 707's phat sound, they're not as articulate as the 81 on my EX but when I play PM's on the low B there's a huge grin on my face. Also the push/pull coil tap on the volume knobs is a really cool feature. Lots of versatility right there as far as tone is concerned. Overall I am very impressed, I think it's the best guitar I've ever owned so far.

Quick specs: Set neck, mahogany body/neck, 26.5" scale, 24 frets, 2x EMG 707-TW.

The AFX along with the Fratomics is everything I was hoping it would be and even more. I've never owned a decent amp worth mentioning here but this setup just kills. Simple as that. It just kills. I haven't had time to dig into it much and dial stuff in yet because of Thanksgiving and work but even some of the default patches are pretty solid. The Fratomic packs enough punch to be used at a small gig although I haven't cranked it yet. It sounds amazing at low volumes as much as higher volumes. I know the price for these is pretty steep, I'm pretty much broke now. Everyone was/is saying that it will be worth it and in the end they were/are right. Even with just maybe 6 hours of played time I can safely say that I'm not gonna need (or afford :lol:) anything for a while. This is some serious piece of gear and I couldn't be happier with it.

I would also like to say that G66 was very very helpful with the whole thing. I got the chocolate treatment too with a card thanking me for my patience :lol: That's very cool of them, a very good way of keeping customers.

...and because :worth:

Enjoy!

I wonder what's in these boxes?

The MB-50!

Monoblock's back

A box within a box

Chocolate! Mmmmmmm....

AFX in person.

The rig complete! (that reminds me of Obituary's The End Complete :lol: ) That stool just looks so inviting...

...and the rack is not so empty anymore.

Tiny amp, HUGE sound!

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Awesome, congrats man!

Are you going to be keeping everything in that rack? I foresee a Behringer tuner up for sale soon :lol:

That looks real tidy man :yesway:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
:woohoo:

That is a day full of win right there.

·
's all in the wrist
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome, congrats man!

Are you going to be keeping everything in that rack? I foresee a Behringer tuner up for sale soon :lol:

That looks real tidy man :yesway:
Probably not :lol: There's always the need for new gear, I think I'm gonna keep everything except for the tuner if I end up needing a rack slot.

I played a bit last night and I'm absolutely in love with the Uberschall and the Recto Orange amps. They both sound amazing. Still I haven't had time to really dig into it, hopefully I will have some today after work. I'm tempted to take a week off so I can devote all my time to my new rig :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
One heck of an NGD! :metal:
agreed! That's friggin' awesome and the rig looks great with the rack, the amp, and all the guitars!

One thing though, you sure you want it all in a corner of a tile room? I'm just thinking you're going to get a ton of unnecessary reverb in that location. Maybe middle of the wall instead of the corner and lay down a throw rug?

·
's all in the wrist
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
agreed! That's friggin' awesome and the rig looks great with the rack, the amp, and all the guitars!

One thing though, you sure you want it all in a corner of a tile room? I'm just thinking you're going to get a ton of unnecessary reverb in that location. Maybe middle of the wall instead of the corner and lay down a throw rug?
I plan on setting up my home studio there so things will move around a bit. I still need to get a desk for my computer and maybe a piece of furniture to put the guitar stand on. My plan is to stick the amp vertically, against the right wall and to the right side of the guitar stand. The desk will go just to the left side of the rack. Nothing is set in stone at the moment but that's the general idea. I need to save up for a desk and a set of studio monitors first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.