Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First brand new guitar I've bought since 2007... which was, oddly enough, another Schecter. This is the relaunched Blackjack line. Thinner necks, ebony boards, subtle inlays, all black hardware, Duncan Nazgul/Sentient combo. Want to remove the Vol/Vol/Tone with the pull on the tone and replace it with Vol/Kill/coil split toggle, but other than that, no mods necessary.

Blackjack : Blackjack C-7

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Passive pickups :yesway:
Not EMG housing :yesway: :yesway:
Pickup rings :yesway: :yesway: :yesway:
Flatmount bridge :noway:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only downside about that bridge is the set screws are .5mm. Try finding a replacement at that size. It's fucking impossible.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I agree with everything Noodles posted.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Didnt know they revamped these! My first 7 was a killer deal on one, and the split tones were ridiculous.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Didnt know they revamped these! My first 7 was a killer deal on one, and the split tones were ridiculous.
Yeah, I had one of the 007 Blackjacks about 10 years ago, cool guitar, but this is just better. The fit and finish and QC on this are great -- probably the best out of any Schecter I've owned. I was adjusting the truss and accidentally put the neck too straight, but there no were no highspots where it frets out, i just get no sustain. Definitely the best fretwork I've gotten from them.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Dayum, that's nice!

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Behold, I've discovered how to make shitty videos! I'm utterly and terribly out of practice with 1) A Pick 2)Guitars in General and 3) Downpicking, so forgive the mess, but here's a Metallica cover:

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Behold, I've discovered how to make shitty videos! I'm utterly and terribly out of practice with 1) A Pick 2)Guitars in General and 3) Downpicking, so forgive the mess, but here's a Metallica cover:
So you started with something easy, then? :lol: That was fucking awesome, man, and the playing sounded spot on to me. And that guitar looks killer. Much better with this simpler styling.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So you started with something easy, then? :lol: That was fucking awesome, man, and the playing sounded spot on to me. And that guitar looks killer. Much better with this simpler styling.
Thanks! Yeah, didnt want to mix in too many upstrokes when I didnt need to. Those get confusing :lol:

Gonna try to throw down a rhythm track for the War Ensemble ho down. I don't even want to take the time to learn Slayer solos... Just debating on playing along with the Battlecross version in E or tuning this thing down to Eb to match the Slayer version.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts