Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
ENGLErnieBallGraphTechBKP
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new favourite Guitar exclusively! I fell in love with it immediately, and I don't want to touch anything else for a long time. Schecter Hellraiser C-8! I didn't know how well I'd get on with 8 strings, but I'm converted, and it's unlikely I'll touch a 7 again :D

I was thinking about either EMG 808X's or Bare Knuckles to go in it, but I've gotta be honest, these 808 standards are actually pretty fucking awesome! Wasn't entirely sure about the 707's, but in this Guitar, the 808's sound incredible both clean and high gain. Especially the neck pickup .... gorgeous. Only REALLY noticed any compression on the bridge pickup when playing from fret 14 and above. Other than that, they're articulate Djenty heaven.

One other thing, for any interested 8 Stringer out there, the standard gauges these 8 strings come with are rubbish. I found with a 0.74 gauge low F#, I could bend up a minor 6th with one finger, and that's just wrong! I was talking to Chris Broderick about the RG2228 he has with a 0.70 on it, and he thought it was shocking. So I've put a 0.80 on mine, and it's absolutely perfect. I've also put a 0.68 on the low B, with the rest as a set of Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms, and I don't think it can be beat.

Anyway, if you haven't seen this Guitar before, enjoy the pics! :metal:

Reactions: HaGGuS

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Fix your links, dude!

·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really odd. I've tried them on my iPod and they work there too :-/

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Maybe it's something login related? All I see are a bunch of poatage-stamp-sized pics. :lol:

EDIT - also, moved from "Gear" to "Musical Instruments"

·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Check out the file names of the images in your post. For example - "pict0665.th.jpg", the ".th" indicates a thumbnail.
Ah ha, thanks! Honestly I don't know what happened. When I first uploaded them, they worked fine, and only today they changed to unclickable thumbnails. Really odd.

Either way, thanks for sorting it out :)

·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
a) When did Westside get the Schecter distribution?
About 18 months to 2 years ago.

b) How did you get it for free?
I've been a long standing supporter of Schecter, and was importing them since before they had Westside. I was actually offered the distributorship 3 years ago because of it, but I couldn't afford the volumes required per annum. Plus I have contributed to Schecter in other ways. This is a one-off gratuity from Schecter for my years of service, however Westside are being supportive of me as an artist in my own right too.

c) Who do you know at Westside? Best company ever.
Mark

·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats a sticker right?? :confused: If so that is pretty good fake for an Inlay.. if not ..:metal:
That my friends is the excellent work of a friend of mine in Japan (Katz Jockomo). His work is superb, and had it not been for me ordering the wrong colour, you wouldn't have been able to tell it wasn't a real inlay lol.

Highly recommended.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Erm, the thumbnails were my fuckup, I changed the url tags to img tags. Never mod in a rush! :lol:

Sorted them for you now though, nice looking axe :yesway:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.