Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't decide between the KM6 and the Soloist, even though I really knew all along I wanted the KM6. Well, the guy with the Soloist dropped the price, then I haggled him down further and got a smoking deal on it, assuming I'd just clean it up and flip it. Then I got it home and played for an hour and we bonded...

It's loaded with a set of Duncan Distortions, which dialed in quickly to get a good tone. The neck is flawless, the Floyd Rose is essentially brand new (which is a neat sensation after using my 29 year old S540 Floyd for the last four years) and really the only blemish on it is a tiny set of scratches on the back side of the upper cutaway. It's in better condition than any Jackson I've played at the local GC pretty much ever. And, man, it plays like butter.

Problem is, I can only keep 2 6-strings and logically (and more importantly: from a gut-level), this is the one that will have to go... but man... it's so purdy...I'm toyed with the idea of taking the Floyd and pups and putting them in the S540, then selling this with the older stuff in it, but they're different trems, and I don't want to get into routing or any of that crap.

Chances are I'll just enjoy it til someone buys it off me... or I find another great deal to flip to cover what I have in this.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put this one up for sale: Reverb: Jackson Pro Series Soloist but MAN, I'm on the struggle bus wanting to keep it.

Actually entertaining the thought of selling my S540 to keep this one... gah!

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Killer price. You probably won't have long to think about it at that price point.
They're $899 new, how much more do you think I could get? I was thinking $650 if it had a case, but I don't...

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
AH, thought you had a case. Still, solid price for that condition. You'd get maybe $50 more for a flamey one.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Huge fan of older Jacksons, even if I'm not big on their newer stuff, but don't sell a guitar you've had for 29 years for one that is still in production. That's my two cents on that.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AH, thought you had a case. Still, solid price for that condition. You'd get maybe $50 more for a flamey one.
If it was the flamey one, it'd be a keeper. Ha

Huge fan of older Jacksons, even if I'm not big on their newer stuff, but don't sell a guitar you've had for 29 years for one that is still in production. That's my two cents on that.
Have only had it for about 5 years. Had an RG for 25 that I sold to buy this one. Maybe I'll just put a new trem in it and pretend it's a new guitar. :lol:

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had some guy pop up yesterday and ask me what my lowest offer rejection threshold was on eBay for this. Then he proceeded to tell me I was charging too much for shipping because the guitar only weighs 8 lbs. He then messaged me and complained about the price with tax and shipping included, like I have any control over sales tax. He messaged me again and said I should cram it into a smaller box and charge him half the shipping cost, presumably after I accepted his idiotically low offer.

So, I looked at his auto-rejected offer and he had bid hundreds of dollars less than I originally had it listed for - far below the lowest sold price I've seen one for one of these.

He brought up the shipping again, so I explained to him I charged what it cost me to ship them, packed the guitars really well in Jackson boxes to make sure they arrived safely and everyone I've sold a guitar to was really happy with the packing and shipping. He then got belligerent and started calling me a rip off... love how people get like that when you don't accept their horrendously low-ball offers...

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Had some guy pop up yesterday and ask me what my lowest offer rejection threshold was on eBay for this. Then he proceeded to tell me I was charging too much for shipping because the guitar only weighs 8 lbs. He then messaged me and complained about the price with tax and shipping included, like I have any control over sales tax. He messaged me again and said I should cram it into a smaller box and charge him half the shipping cost, presumably after I accepted his idiotically low offer.

So, I looked at his auto-rejected offer and he had bid hundreds of dollars less than I originally had it listed for - far below the lowest sold price I've seen one for one of these.

He brought up the shipping again, so I explained to him I charged what it cost me to ship them, packed the guitars really well in Jackson boxes to make sure they arrived safely and everyone I've sold a guitar to was really happy with the packing and shipping. He then got belligerent and started calling me a rip off... love how people get like that when you don't accept their horrendously low-ball offers...
I love when people demonstrate why the ignore user function exists. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Man.. dont sell the S540... You have it for so long that you will regret it later. I will never sell mine even though it's now locked once again in my Mom's house and will be there for a long time.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I love when people demonstrate why the ignore user function exists.
Right? :lol:

He won the honor of being the first eBayer I ever added to my block list - and I've been on eBay since 2001... :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Accept his shite offer, drop some cash into a big box (about the amount of his offer less the cost to ship the box), and maybe a brick or two to get yourself up to about 8 lbs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts